if an Aggressor, you'll need to add the square-ish antennae on the right, rear boom by the right engine nozzle. You can sort of make it out in the these photos. But you can reference a real C model for the exact shape and size

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6378132&nseq=1

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6130483&nseq=10

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6086093&nseq=12

Add the ECM fairing on the right tailboom, adjacent to the engine.

Re-arrange the antenna configuration on the bottom of the forward fuselage.

Since the 65th jets are MSIP, split the right rear formation strip light. MSIP B models should split the left formation light.

If the kit you're starting with doesn't represent an MSIP jet, you'll need to address that, as well.

Jake

Re-arrange the antenna configuration on the bottom of the forward fuselage.

Jake

Sorry to hijack, but i've always been confused by this. Anyone has any pictures to show the differences in the antenna placing for pre-MSIP jets and MSIP jets? So far all the kits seem to have the same antenna placing.. Those are pre-MSIP?

Omg i'm still confused!! :thumbsup:

The MSIP C and Non-MSIP D and early A looks the same?? Position wise, ignoring swept or straight.. Ok the MSIP A has those smaller more tiny antennas.. But photos of F-15Cs now with the ECM bump on the nose seem to have smaller antennas as well! Not unlike those on the MSIP A!!!

Omg help!!

Edited by silent-eagle
Omg i'm still confused!! :thumbsup:

The MSIP C and Non-MSIP D and early A looks the same?? Position wise, ignoring swept or straight.. Ok the MSIP A has those smaller more tiny antennas.. But photos of F-15Cs now with the ECM bump on the nose seem to have smaller antennas as well! Not unlike those on the MSIP A!!!

Omg help!!

They do look the same, as well with the Aggressor you want to do. I need to brush up on the mods to the C. With the small bump on the top and bottom of the C, the forward blade is longer and swept

They do look the same, as well with the Aggressor you want to do. I need to brush up on the mods to the C. With the small bump on the top and bottom of the C, the forward blade is longer and swept

Ken,

The "Gomer" C models don't carry the antennas just behind the radome, and the swept antennas are purely a matter of a new supplier. As far as D models, the ones that left the factory as MSIP jets had the antenna on the right tail boom, D models that were upgraded in the field to MSIP do not have it (see pic below).

F-15D.jpg

As always there are exceptions, so check photos.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph

In addition to the changes already mentioned can anyone tell me if the area directly behind the speed brake changed to match the C/Ds when the A/Bs went throught MISP or did this area remain the same throughout the life of version?

Thanks,

Michael

In addition to the changes already mentioned can anyone tell me if the area directly behind the speed brake changed to match the C/Ds when the A/Bs went throught MISP or did this area remain the same throughout the life of version?

Thanks,

Michael

Michael, do you mean that raised area? Not the best pic by any stretch, but you can see it here

F-15B_770163_KFMH_17September2006_KenMiddleton_DSC_4248.jpg

Michael, do you mean that raised area? Not the best pic by any stretch, but you can see it here

F-15B_770163_KFMH_17September2006_KenMiddleton_DSC_4248.jpg

Yes, the raised area just behind the speed brake. Originally the A/Bs had a more square like section with rounded corners at the rear versus what is shown in the picture.

The fairing on the aft end of the Speedbrake remained the same on A/B even after MISIP, it did not change to the C/D fairing. Take a look at the Monogram 1/48 kit, it has the A/B fairing. Also if you are doing an early A/B make the main and nose wheel wells the metalic green color, the same as the bay 5 color. You can also check of Jakes book, best referance out their.

Cheers

Dave

The fairing on the aft end of the Speedbrake remained the same on A/B even after MISIP, it did not change to the C/D fairing. Take a look at the Monogram 1/48 kit, it has the A/B fairing. Also if you are doing an early A/B make the main and nose wheel wells the metalic green color, the same as the bay 5 color. You can also check of Jakes book, best referance out their.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for the info. I am building a Florida ANG bird form the Hasegawa kit and the TwoBobs decals and was not sure if I needed to modify this area or not. Pictures of this part of the aircraft seem to be difficult to come by. This one, although not totally clear, seems to back up your information since it still has the original fairing. I have Jake's book and it is excellent, but it doesn't really address this area.

Thanks again to everyone who assisted with this.

050519-F-1279W-035.jpg

I may have some more top-shots (maybe even close ups of the top fuselage) at home - let me know if you'd like me to dig them out.

Also, if interested, here are more shots of 125th FW F-15s, though the Jaguars F-15B had been repainted to standard markings

http://www.aero-cafe.com/real_aviation/125...25fw_visit.html

Those top shots would be very helpful if you could find them. The link you provided is very helpful. I noticed that the picture of 75072 in the hanger has the ECM antenna on the tail boom. Do you know if this is an exception or did any other 125th aircraft receive this upgrade?