Source for Golden Foil?

I've used chocolate bar wrappers with great success, but here's a place that provides wrappers for the candy industry. It was recommended by a Real Space modeler. As a matter of fact, the guy who runs Real Space models.

http://www.candylandcrafts.com/Extra_Thin_...oners_Foils.htm

He suggests the 'Gold' and "Orange' colours.

I've got a couple of LM's that you can see in the Gallery section, under the Space category here on ARC if you're interested to see chocolate bar wrapper results.

Pete Malaguti

There are many variations to the coloring used on LMs. So much that next time I tackle one I am going to see what kind of results I can get by spraying normal foil with clear tints to get the various shades. Of course the technique could potentially also be used to alter pre-colored foils as well if one shade doesn't quite match what is needed.

Greetings,

I too used candy foil for my LEM (see Real Space group build topic for results). If I recall correctly, the "darker" color gold I used was from Rollo candy. Just remember not to burnish the foil or you'll lose the lovely wrinkles.

The upper surfaces are an adhesive vinyl that I got from a local plastics store. The silver was easier to cut than the black.

I got the best results making a masking tape pattern for each panel and using it to cut the various materials. For the foil I used CA as an adhesive.

If you need any additional advice, I'd be glad to help.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Rama Lama Nota Lota Anything

Temple of the Rain

Oregon

Edited by notalotaanything