Done! over! finis!! totals here

well gents it's almost time for this GB to come to a close. with a little more than a month to go there a a few great builds still yet to finish! i want to see you guys finish so you can be eligible for all the great prizes we have to offer. so get those helos finished and get eligible. It's been great so far.

Semper fi

Dan

Edited by marine4 ever

this was a very productive GB for me. I HAD 3 helos in the stash, and now all 3 are built and on the shelf.

Hopefully I can do that with most of my Tomcats for the tomcat GB starting in January.

I should have my Pavehawk done this week or next weekend, but like I figured, zero possibility of having my CH-53 done, but I dont want to rush it, so Im not concerned.

adam one will get your name in the pot! doesn't matter how many you build you only get one name.

semper fi

Dan

Yup, thats why Im not worried about getting the '53 done. I didnt have much hope of getting it done to begin w/, so Im not concerned about it. Might possibly try squeezing in a second one before the deadline, but I dont wanna force anything. Thankfully over the next month I'll get a lot more free time as my classes are over the week after next, so I finally get to go back to working first shift.

adam one will get your name in the pot! doesn't matter how many you build you only get one name.

semper fi

Dan

Ok, Ok! I know that!

You don't have to remind me! :D

I'm already trying to kick myself in the butt ... actually it's kinda hard ... maybe I wasted too much time trying to do that instead of building my model! :doh:

I'll do my best to get it done for the deadline, I should have the two halves togther this week end ... hopefully ... :P

Edited by Avus
  • 1 month later...

well five more days to finish things up. this has been a great GB and i have seen some great helicopters come out of this build. thanks to all who have participated. perhaps we can form a helo GB part Deaux in the future.

As for the prizes i am headed to texas tomorrow and will be there for the week. i will bring my laptop and try to get the drawing completed there if not i will get the prizes sorted out when i return home on the 5th of Jan. once again thanks for the great GB.

Semper fi

Dan

well five more days to finish things up. this has been a great GB and i have seen some great helicopters come out of this build. thanks to all who have participated. perhaps we can form a helo GB part Deaux in the future.

As for the prizes i am headed to texas tomorrow and will be there for the week. i will bring my laptop and try to get the drawing completed there if not i will get the prizes sorted out when i return home on the 5th of Jan. once again thanks for the great GB.

Semper fi

Dan

Part Deaux, part deaux!! This GB was very inspirational and helpful. Or maybe a mini 53 GB. :pray:

BTW, on of my Christmas gifts is a 53E for $39 on Squadron, so I am building at least one in 09.

Great Group Build!!! :wub:

mason

I hate that I never made it any farther on my '53. But I think it was pretty much a foregone conclusion from the beginning that I'd have no chance of getting it done in time. But I think its just as well, w/ as much as Im planning on doing to it, its much better that I just take my time to get it all done.

Way to go Dan!!! Awesome GB Bro!!!...... One of the best I've participated in so far.

I learned a bunch, followed some amazing builds, made some new friends and while I'm reluctant to admit it, my stash of fling wings has grown. I've definitely been bitten and will be building some more helos in the future.

I look forward to "The Helicopter Group Build II".

:thumbsup:

Mark

Edited by Rampage55

+2 to everything mentioned here.

I really learned a lot, you all have been incredibly helpful, you guys made my 53 better than it would have been, THANK YOU! :woot.gif:

Ready for Part II, with the exception of the Test GB, I am not too excited about the new ones.

mason

Just out of curiosity, what was the total number of completed builds? Seems like there were a lot.

here are all the totals! thanks for reminding me Dave.

total builds entered 125

total build threads started 92

total builds finished 43

all in all not a bad percentage of finished builds to started threads. i'd say it was a huge success!!

semper fi

Dan

Edited by marine4 ever

total builds entered 125

total builds finished 43

all in all not a bad percentage of finished builds to started threads. i'd say it was a huge success!!

semper fi

Dan

Great job, Dan! This was awesome.

Ray

Edited by marine4 ever
Great job to all who participated. The builds and informative threads were excellent to follow. I loved following the progress and seeing some truly top-notch models.

Thanks,

Andy

Ditto.

This GB was a great way to re-enter the hobby for me. I did not complete my MD500 in time... because I spent too much time following the great builds of the other guys here :monkeydance: .

May I suggest Helicopter GB Part Deux!

I will kick start with the following commitment

BO-105OpheliaPrototype.jpg

BO-105 Ophelia Giraffe Testbed

Cheers,

Giles

total builds entered 125

total builds finished 43

semper fi

Dan

Hello

I'm in the 92 started but I enjoyed seeing all of them.

Thanks to the hosts.

Patrick

Edited by VG 33

I fall on both sides of that line. I started 2, but only completed 1. But I really had a pretty good idea at the beginning, that the chances of one of the ones I started being finished by the deadline was pretty remote, but I figured it was still worth a shot.