Check out my Nasty...my PTF Nasty that is!

This is my 1/35 PTF Nasty class patrol boat. I used the Lindburgh kit with multiple cans of Bondo! I'm also using the Italeri kit for a lot of the detail pieces. I'm working on the 20 mm mounts now and finishing up the deckhouse and deck details. It's taken me a couple of years to get to this point and it will probably take me a couple of more to finish! Hope you enjoy it. If you have any questions, let me know.

Jim

Picture043.jpg

Picture053.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Hi John,

Yeah, I think your right. There is still a long road ahead! For references, this site is pretty cool (link). Great photos, technical and first-hand accounts. Unfortunately, I'm doing most of this by eye :thumbsup:, so I'm hoping it "looks" right in the end. Most of the detail parts are coming from the Italeri PT kit. The 40 mm, the 20 mm, props and prop shafts, cleats, vents, even the dingy will work.

Jim

Edited by babyduck5
For references, this site is pretty cool (link). Great photos, technical and first-hand accounts. Unfortunately, I'm doing most of this by eye :blink:, so I'm hoping it "looks" right in the end. Most of the detail parts are coming from the Italeri PT kit. The 40 mm, the 20 mm, props and prop shafts, cleats, vents, even the dingy will work.

Jim,

If you eMail me off board I can send you some other images that may be of some use to you. I have been researching the Nasty Class PTF for about fifteen years and you have certainly taken an alternative approach to building the Nasty hull from the keel up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry for not replying sooner. But I have a new toy, and another hobby to dump cash into:crying2: Man this thing is FAST!

DSCF0167.jpg

DSCF0170-1.jpg

Anyway, I am tinkering with the PTF here and there and I'm in the process now of getting the hull ready to prime. The 20 mm mounts are also still on the workbench, but I'm having a very hard time finding the right size for the ring base where the tripod attaches to the deck.

Again sorry for the delay,

Jim

• 1 month later...

I've finally figured out how to make the 20mm base mount. I used the road wheels from a Tamiya Panther tank to make the rings. It took me forever to figure it out and now all I have left to do is make the shield and shoulder rests (boy, that'll be another 6 months ;) ). It's suppose to look like the last two photos. Let me know what you think.

Jim

DSCF0209.jpg

DSCF0210.jpg

DSCF0211.jpg

ptf7-b.jpg

ptf17portbridge.jpg

Edited by babyduck5
  • 11 months later...
  • 9 years later...