Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1

Hi guys,

Decided to have an easy kit on the go while getting through my first helo build, and what a great kit this is! It's been said so many times, so I'll just show the pics.

Here's my first wash application, used Promodeller's wash and I quite like the look of wells nice and dirty.

corswwhell1cv8.jpg

pitpartsnq8.jpg

widepartswj1.jpg

Wish GS Aqueous had more gloss colours, not just semi-gloss, their interior green sprays on beautifully smooth. I'll take some pics when the pit's detailed and before shutting it all up.

Thanks for looking. :)

Edited by shockwave

I'm looking forward to following this one, I just finished up a -5, and I have a -1D in work. Maybe I can catch a few pointers from watching your progress. I did cheat a little and start out with the Eduard pre colored cockpit.

Looking good - I love the finish with that gunze color too.

You were smart to attach the tops of the wings first to get the easier join. The next time I get a Tamiya corsair going, I will do the same thing.

Right now I am just applying the gloss to my -5N to get it ready for decals

Thanks for the comments guys. :thumbsup:

CorsairMan, yeah I got that tip from Brewer's build. :)

StevenJ, I read that also. There was an article here somewhere about all the WWII interior colors, and it was either interior green or black according to the time frame IIRC, so I just stuck with green. ;) With my limited skill level I'm actually more worried about how the seams are gonna turn out... :P

• 3 weeks later...

Bit more work done, pit's almost there and then the fuselage will go together.

f4pitrx9.jpg

f4pit2qq0.jpg

f4pit3la9.jpg

f4halvesma6.jpg

Engine is also almost done, some flat black and dry-brushed with MM jet exhaust enamel. It's all I had, but I'm pretty happy with the effect.

f4engeg0.jpg

Thanks for looking!