1/48 Hasegawa F4E Phantom Egyptian AF

Hi all,

First post in here, so be gentle.

Finished earlier today 1/48Hasegawa F4E Phantom finished in Egyptian AF colours, with Aires resin cockpit and seats, wheel bays, exhausts and DMold intakes.

Decals are a mix of Gekko Graphics, Aeromaster and Afterburner, painted using Xtracolor Enamels throughout.

Hawkbuild264.jpg

Hawkbuild266.jpg

Hawkbuild268.jpg

Hawkbuild272.jpg

Hawkbuild275.jpg

Hawkbuild276.jpg

Hawkbuild277.jpg

Hawkbuild278.jpg

Scott

Edited by scotthldr
Excellent!

Could you say a few words about the Mig-21 in the background?

The Mig 21 is the Academy MIG21MF in 1/48. Again getting finished in the markings of the Egyptian AF. I have used the Aires cockpit set and Quickboost spine and tail correction set, along with the QB air scoop set. Decals are Gekko Graphics Arabian Migs Part 3 GG48006.

This kit was started way before the Phantom, and it was while waiting for the Gekko decals that I decided to build the Toom which was originally going to be finished in Hellenic colours, then I thought they would look good as an Egyptian pair and the Gekko sheet came with enough roundels and fin flashes to do so.

Hawkbuild237.jpg

The Mig only requires a panel wash, final flat coat and fitting of the sub assemblies to finish ,hopefuly this week. Will post up pics when done.

Thanks for all the comments regarding the Phantom.

Scott

Edited by scotthldr

Top quality camo work on the MiG, although the star of the show is definitely that Phantom. Only thing I would say (and this is proper nitpicking, especially as you build a lot better than I do!), the intakes looks a little too clean when you're nose-to-nose with the beast. Really, that's inconsequential, though, because overall that thing looks fantastic.