Well, I plan to build a couple of Airfix 1/72 TSR.2's in operational markings (possibly and Aussie bird or RAF, maybe West Germany though) and I have a few Hasegawa 1/72 Kyushu J7W1 Shinden's that I would like to build in What If operational markings.

There are others, but we'll see how it works out with build times.

Some of the options:

1/144 Starfighter in RAF colours (No. 111 Sqn anniversary colours).

1/144 JASDF Rafale and AV-8B+ with Japanese weaponry.

1/144 Rafale and F/A-18E - Roosevelt Mash-up! The Rafale in VFA-31 CAG colours with US weaponry and the Rhino in Aeronavale colours with Micas and Magic II.

That's just what I could start right away from the stash.

EDIT: oh yeah, all but forgot about this one.

bf109v-100upload.jpg

Edited by ChernayaAkula

Right now?

a Hasegawa F-8E, converted into a F-8S of either VF-154 or a fleet squadron VF-101. Its assuming that the F-4 didnt achieve fleet wide dominance and the F-8 stayed at a more 50/50 mix with the Phantom. This further works under the assumption that the F-8S were new build airframes in about 1988-89. The Tomcat didnt begin developement until 1990 and didnt enter fleet service until 1996-7 with F-14A's (which were basically F-14D+'s).

Right now I'm leaning towards VF-154, as seen during Operation Tiger Spirit, the reunification of the Koreas in 2006. (Falcon 4.0 fans will know what I'm talking about).

Second, if I have time before the Tomcat GB would be a ACC/TAC F-106 in Hill Grey camo, circa 1991 for ODS.

Edited by Jonathan_Lotton
I plan on doing a whiffed Soviet bird with spare parts and most of a Monogram 1/48 F-18.

You stole my thunder :thumbsup:

Top Secret MiG to be unveiled in 6 months.

What-if... the development of the Sukhoi T-10 (that became our muh loved SU-27) was terminated after the fourth consecutive fatal crash in 1982. Instead, Mikoyan-Gurevich was hastily ordered to rush through a more conservative development based on the foundations of their proven MiG-25 and the MiG-29 which was starting to enter service.

I'll try to do drawings, but here are my two entries:

1:48 Sukhoi/Mitsubishi ISAF-1 (Interceptor-Strike/Attack-Fighter One)

- Modified Su-35BM with Tumansky SR-45 BioMeth hybrid/ramjet turbines & Ruddervator control + 2x FBs-16 support UCAVs

this entry may be a little late as I have a couple other jets to wrap-up and its the final three weks of semester.

Should I get the inspiration, I hope to turn one of my whiff profiles into 1/32 reality. Right now the list that I will choose from is as follows. I have the kits and many of the decals I would need, now its just a matter or motivation

Israeli Tornado GR1

Luftwaffe F-100

Luftwaffe Hunter

Luftrwaffe F-15 Eagle

Luftwaffe F-8

Israeli F-86

Israeli F-100

SAAF Hunter

SAAF Tornado

RCAF Hunter

Israeli F-18C or D

Blue Angels F-8 Crusader (my leading candidate right now)

RCN F-8

Edited by jburch

Got a bunch of stuff on the go already, I usually just post during Silly Week but I might get motivated.

Navalised Supermarine Swift complete with folded wings

Canadian Coast Guard Martin Seamaster

Convair Tradewind, 5 in the stash and plans for all of them

Mil-4 used by Spartan Air Services

Boulton Paul Defiant as an RAAF tankbuster

2 f-15s in special schemes,

a 1/144 su-27 in old style iranian camo

at least 1 f-14 tomcat heavily upgraded, or alternate paint schemes

possibly a 1/144 israeli f-22 raptor

and i shelfed my israeli x-wing fighter project

and some 1/100 f-16s i have lying around, paint them in nigh impossible markings, like PLAAF, South African, Patrouille Swiss.. etc...

I like it, but I'd be careful with those intake canards. They look like they'd be pretty close to the ground when the jet wasn't flying.

Forward view had the landing gear legs and there was plenty of clearance. Also thinking of a ram-air intake setup like the FRX-00 from Yukikaze (see episode 4)

I think I'll get involved in this GB.

I have some leftover drones from a 1/48th C-130 Hercules and a Mig-27 that I dont really know what to do with...

Maybe I'll do some type of futuristic aircraft with them...

More to follow...

The ancient Hawk one as a Testors issue, a bit crude but a good fitting kit, and certainly good enough for whiffing purposes!
Absolutely! I've got a couple myself, not a bad little kit. No cockpit, but if you paint the inside of the canopy aqua blue or black you'd never know the difference. Gear up and in flight and you're good to go. Or, you could always try to scratch build a pit and some gear details.

I would like to get the Czechmaster resin Swift kit, but it's priced a little out of my range.....