Welcome aboard! Sounds like an interesting idea. Let's see it!

Thanks for the welcome... I've been lurking around here for a little while now. Anyway, probably won't get started on this until after the new year, maybe this coming weeking I can get moving, but we'll see...

A recent discussion in another thread about the JASDF pulling out of the F-22 program and getting something else has gotten me thinking about joining up.

How about a JASDF Eurofighter Typhoon? Starting with the 1/48 RoG kit, add the Hasegawa JASDF weapons set (I'm thinking AAM-3, AAM-4 if they fit in the belly recesses, ASM-2 and maybe a couple of MK82 w/ GCS-1). F-2 type blues camo, and the Platz F-2A stencil sheet to provide the decals.

Someone built one of those here on ARC. I saw the pics yesterday, but now I can't find where I saw them...

EDIT

Here it is, very cool!

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=173097

Edited by jburch
No interest in either of those. I want an operational bird with weapons, not a show bird. Maybe I'll look into the Rafale.

Rafale would be cool! :woot.gif:

Other operational schemes that should look great are those of the RF-4EJs: CLICK#1 and CLICK#2! I'm not sure whether the RoG Typhoon kits come with a recon pod, though.

How about a A36 Apache, upgraded to P51C specs, used by the Marines to replace their old war weary Dauntlesses.... Its been in the back of my head since I talked to Supertomcowlord about it way back at the 2002 Nats in VA Beach.
Now this will be something to see. We don't have too many prop birds in this group build so far so I for one would welcome a nice change of pace like this. Great idea too.

Any thoughts as to how you would paint her up? Three tone blue camo maybe?

Can I join in with an A-1K Skyraider II? Tamiya 1/48 A-1J with:

HUD

Digital cockpit (if I can scratchbuild a new IP)

LASTE mods

slime lights

GPS dome

DRA

Sniper XR

GBU-12's, GBU-38's and AGM-65's for offensive armament and a DRA with AIM-9M's for self defense.

Basic story is that the USAF orders a squadron or two of these from Boeing for CAS duties in Iraq and A-stan. With a new-build airframe and improved engine, the extended loiter time, slow speed and large payload, these take over many of the missions flown by the faster, more labor and cost intensive F-15E, F-16 and F/A-18's. The Sandy II's will work side by side with Air Force A-10's and Marine Harriers. Although armed with Sidewinders (just in case) the non-existant air to air threat and minimal chance of ground intercept (the Sandy II's will have improved modern armor as well) they are perfect for today's modern battlefield.

Hopefully between school, work and family, I'll be able to get this one done. I know it's a good kit with not a lot of fit problems or anything, so that should make it more doable. Oh yeah, it's going to be painted either overall gunship gray or gunship gray over neutral gray (ala F-16) and based out of....you guessed it...Mountain Home.

Aaron

Edited by strikeeagle801

I'd like to try my hand at doing a navalised raptor of sorts. Inspired by this piece of artwork

2381_f22navy.jpg

I grafted the wings of an F-111 onto a raptor (and tweaked the tailplanes to make them fit better).

F-22N.jpg

I reckon it looks pretty cool. I have some F-111 wings left over from my previous project, so all I need to do is find a 1/144th raptor. I'd finish it in some tomcat squadron, not sure about high or low visibility yet.

Chris

Edited by ChristopherC

That is pretty cool! :huh: :thumbsup::worship:

You'll only have to fill/delete a few panel lines , square off the wing tips and you'll have one of the coolest swing wings designs ever!

Edited by ChernayaAkula
I'd like to try my hand at doing a navalised raptor of sorts. Inspired by this piece of artwork

2381_f22navy.jpg

I grafted the wings of an F-111 onto a raptor (and tweaked the tailplanes to make them fit better).

F-22N.jpg

I reckon it looks pretty cool. I have some F-111 wings left over from my previous project, so all I need to do is find a 1/144th raptor. I'd finish it in some tomcat squadron, not sure about high or low visibility yet.

Chris

Well, also, you would need to adjust the rudders and intake angles to match the new wing/elevaotr profile, as in that configuration as shown the lines mismatch (increasing RCS)

Bitchiaaaaaan idea though, can't wait to see it! :thumsbup:

Can I join in with an A-1K Skyraider II? Tamiya 1/48 A-1J with:

HUD

Digital cockpit (if I can scratchbuild a new IP)

LASTE mods

slime lights

GPS dome

DRA

Sniper XR

GBU-12's, GBU-38's and AGM-65's for offensive armament and a DRA with AIM-9M's for self defense.

Basic story is that the USAF orders a squadron or two of these from Boeing for CAS duties in Iraq and A-stan. With a new-build airframe and improved engine, the extended loiter time, slow speed and large payload, these take over many of the missions flown by the faster, more labor and cost intensive F-15E, F-16 and F/A-18's. The Sandy II's will work side by side with Air Force A-10's and Marine Harriers. Although armed with Sidewinders (just in case) the non-existant air to air threat and minimal chance of ground intercept (the Sandy II's will have improved modern armor as well) they are perfect for today's modern battlefield.

Hopefully between school, work and family, I'll be able to get this one done. I know it's a good kit with not a lot of fit problems or anything, so that should make it more doable. Oh yeah, it's going to be painted either overall gunship gray or gunship gray over neutral gray (ala F-16) and based out of....you guessed it...Mountain Home.

Aaron

Yeah- do this! You gotta!

jb

Nope it`s the original one..... MSRP??? didn`t get that.

Soooo....can I join in??

Andres

BTW Cool SV-51!!! I need to get one of those!! :worship:

Look on Evilbay, bboykorea is working on his feedback percentage.

And MSRP is the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price. I thought since Hasegawa was repopping both the VF-22 and VF-0D you meant the new one. And as long as it isn't more than 15% done come right on in!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning two "lines" of whifs.

The first one is RSwAF Zeros a continuation of a whif i made for a special class a a contest here in Sweden last October. In the early 40's Sweden was to renew it's fighter aircrafts and showed interest in the Zero. The model i built was of a late service A6M2b called J20b. My friend has urged me into doing early servce versions of it and a floatplane, he didn't know of the Rufe! So two H-gawa A6M2b were picked up at the postoffice yesterday, Ed ZOOM PE and a Rufe is on their way.

The second line is a couple of A-10's, i'll call them A36A and A36B. The A10 is also an aircraft type RSwAF showed interest in but never bought. In this project i've already had hours of discussions with my friend since his knowledge in swedish jets is higher than mine. This will be a singleseater (A36A) from F6 wing in the early 80's i splintercamo. The second singleseater will be from 2000 and in grey from the F10 wing. The third will be a twoseater (A36B) from the F17 wing in 2008 with greytone experimental splintercamo. The A36 is not instead of or replacement of the Viggen but a replacemt of the attackversion of the SK60 so it's a companion to the Viggen. HobbyBoss A10's are ordered.