Ok, I have an insane idea brewing in my head, and I have to make sure that the bashfest I am about to commit is legal for entry here.

I got a shipment full of bits today - including an Su-27 that's seen horridly better days. Wings are broken off, Tails are loose, no engines, canopy's long gone. I have an insane idea floating in the back of my head, of whiffing the ever loving hell out of this thing - I'll do it whether it's legal or not for entry, I just want to see if I can put this FrankenFlanker up before I start the purebred insanity.

I've torn apart an Su-24 that arrived in whiffable condition - torn out the engines, the wings are being eyeballed. I'm looking at this Flanker, which has NO vertical tails, and the thought hits me to V-Tail this thing. The engine mounts are too big in bore to fit smoothly, but I have a pair of engine-less exhausts from some Russian aircraft that came in the Aid Package as I'm calling it. I've checked and I can fit the exhausts onto the Fencer Cans. I'm thinking of sanding the mounts and extending the whole fuselage back, pulling the radar chunk off the arse end of my dead Su-34, loading Fencer wings on this sucker, V-Tailing it, and if I can figure out the insanity required, putting in Canards.

The legality question stems from the fact these aircraft have, for the most part, been already built and fallen apart. Am I legal to enter this Franken Flanker here, or shall I just put it somewhere else?

Please, don't mind the wild eyed look - that's Mad Scientist at Play mode in my brain.

Ok, I have an insane idea brewing in my head, and I have to make sure that the bashfest I am about to commit is legal for entry here.

I got a shipment full of bits today - including an Su-27 that's seen horridly better days. Wings are broken off, Tails are loose, no engines, canopy's long gone. I have an insane idea floating in the back of my head, of whiffing the ever loving hell out of this thing - I'll do it whether it's legal or not for entry, I just want to see if I can put this FrankenFlanker up before I start the purebred insanity.

I've torn apart an Su-24 that arrived in whiffable condition - torn out the engines, the wings are being eyeballed. I'm looking at this Flanker, which has NO vertical tails, and the thought hits me to V-Tail this thing. The engine mounts are too big in bore to fit smoothly, but I have a pair of engine-less exhausts from some Russian aircraft that came in the Aid Package as I'm calling it. I've checked and I can fit the exhausts onto the Fencer Cans. I'm thinking of sanding the mounts and extending the whole fuselage back, pulling the radar chunk off the arse end of my dead Su-34, loading Fencer wings on this sucker, V-Tailing it, and if I can figure out the insanity required, putting in Canards.

The legality question stems from the fact these aircraft have, for the most part, been already built and fallen apart. Am I legal to enter this Franken Flanker here, or shall I just put it somewhere else?

Please, don't mind the wild eyed look - that's Mad Scientist at Play mode in my brain.

Considering you're tearing these kits apart and bashing them together, you might as well be starting from scratch, so I'm going to say it's eligible. I can't wait to see it! It certainly sounds interesting and legally insane. My kind of Whif! :thumbsup:

Hi, guys. Long time lurker, first time poster.

This seems like an interesting groupbuild to join in. Recently came into possession of these fine Hatsune Miku decals, by Goodsmile Company (run by Max Watanabe), from my LHS, as well as the 1/18 sticker set.

P1020694.jpg

Have been trying to find a use for them until I stumbled upon this thread. I intend to combine these decals together with my Hasegawa 1/48 F-2B, in the spirit of itasha (painful cars), but in this case, itaki, literally, painful aircraft.

Any advice on a good colour scheme for the plane? The dark blues of the original scheme is too dark and I was thinking of using an overall bluish purple with white along the leading edges of the flight control surfaces and nose. A leek green scheme will not be considered. Heh.

Looking forward to starting this build.

Edited by dodgethis_sg

Overall White could do it, or a Silvergrey Overall would be a good start. Keep it light or real pale and it would do well for letting the images do the talking, and the accents would stand out more. You don't want to detract too much from the nice fancy decalwork, in my opinion.

Somehow, I completely forgot all about the car that gave birth to this idea.

800px-Studie_GLAD_BMW_Z4_2008_Super_GT_qualifying.jpg

Now considering an overall black (or maybe a very dark grey) with silver and turquoise accents as well because I do want to use the stencil decals included in the kit (they are meant to go on a dark surface, not a light one). It will be finished in matte, of course. Maybe I'll have one of the pilots waving a leek too.

Edited by dodgethis_sg

Here's a thought if you want to go from the car:

Schwarzgrau (I just tend to use the German name because it fits better) Top Surfaces

Turquoise Underside, Vertical Tips, Nosecone

Silver Spine, Tail Base, Engine bay.

Magenta leading edges, Flaps, Ailerons, Rudder, Cockpit framing and edge stripe on the spine.

Horizontal Stabilizers with Silver tips, red outline on the inner side.

Your thoughts? I pulled the concept off the car directly in the colour pattern and thought to apply it on the aircraft in a similar fashion.

Crazy idea here...

British Aerospace Corporation BAC 3-11.

Designed as a widebody T-tailed twin to compete against the Airbus A300 under devolpment. The fuselage would have been about 6.05M, making it close to the DC-10. What do you guys think?

BACThreeEleven.png

I finally dug out the required kits to bash into one of my Group Build entries. It will be an updated P-38 Lightning as a COIN aircraft, circa 1967. Think One Mark Invader, but smaller, and with twin booms. And a couple updates as well...

Alvis 3.1

Oh, and I have another P-38 project I'll be starting at the same time (I found two of the ol Monogram kits! Yay!) but it's under wraps until it's pretty well done. I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Alvis 3.1

I've got a Fine Molds BF-109K-4 coming into my hands soon - that'll be a tame whif by comparison, I just plan on putting that in a Lozenge-style camo pattern, giving it Iron Crosses, making it look like an Imperial German aircraft, though with modern style colours in the Lozenge pattern.

Here is my entery C-17 white over grey and artic colors.

With skis? w00t.gif And a dio with penguins?:lol:

<....> an updated P-38 Lightning as a COIN aircraft, circa 1967. <...>

That's an idea with lotsa potential! :pray:

Thought about a P-61E along the lines of that.

BAe Systems Meteor ER.UAV electronic surveillance aircraft based on the Tamiya Meteor F.3 in 1/48.

Meteor as UAV in modern colours? Should look interesting! :woo:

I've got a Fine Molds BF-109K-4 coming into my hands soon - that'll be a tame whif by comparison, I just plan on putting that in a Lozenge-style camo pattern, giving it Iron Crosses, making it look like an Imperial German aircraft, though with modern style colours in the Lozenge pattern.

:wacko: That'll be even more complicated than Swedish splinters, but will definitely look good once done :worship:

Edited by ChernayaAkula

Is it possible to participate in this GB please?

Finally got up enough enthusiasm to build an aircraft again and have considered the ancient snap kit of the Monogram F-19 Spectre Stealth Fighter.

My build will be a 2048 RAAF Aerospace fighter.

Should be a fun and uncomplicated build.

:unsure:

MikeJ

Is it possible to participate in this GB please?

Finally got up enough enthusiasm to build an aircraft again and have considered the ancient snap kit of the Monogram F-19 Spectre Stealth Fighter.

My build will be a 2048 RAAF Aerospace fighter.

Should be a fun and uncomplicated build.

:unsure:

MikeJ

Sounds awesome! I didn't know Monogram made a snap kit of their F-19. Can't wait to see it.

Crazy idea here...

British Aerospace Corporation BAC 3-11.

Designed as a widebody T-tailed twin to compete against the Airbus A300 under devolpment. The fuselage would have been about 6.05M, making it close to the DC-10. What do you guys think?

BACThreeEleven.png

I like it, nice change of pace too, I don't think we have any airliner entries.

What are you thinking of bashing to get this, an Airfix kit and maybe a Revell DC-10 fuselage?

Can't wait to see you get going on this one!

I like it, nice change of pace too, I don't think we have any airliner entries.

What are you thinking of bashing to get this, an Airfix kit and maybe a Revell DC-10 fuselage?

Can't wait to see you get going on this one!

OldHooker is doing an airliner, but it's always great to see more. Airliner models don't get enough attention, I think.

Inspired - might do an Irish Air Corps future F-5 E or maybe even F Tiger II - either based in Ireland (grey or Brazilian/Dutch colour scheme) or overseas UN duty somewhere like Chad - desert cammo.

Been planning to do one fora while, have 1/32 and 1/48 kit

Hello Jason, sorry about the long reply time. I was thinking of using a DC-10 (similar diameter). As for wing, I don't have a good diagram yet, so once I get a better pic, I can decide. If anything, plastic card and lots of sanding, puttying will work.

Engines would be Bra.z 742 RB211 engines, as they are close enough.