Just floating an idear.......

The RAAF (EADS ?) proposed a F-111G 'wild weasel' design in 2003

http://www.ausairpower.net/DT-EADS-MAY03.pdf

would this be a Whif ? - as the -111 fleet is now under retirement ?

-be happy

-steve

Edited by ixgr1

I have decided what I am going to enter for this GB. I will be building a Soviet Afganistan war UH-1N Huey Gunship/Troop Carrier, and I have already started buying resin sets and figures, so there's no turning back!

Bon

Mind if I join guys?.

How long do we have left..

I have some Dragon 1/144 F-22's, and F/A-18F's arriving in a day or so..

I would like to do a Royal Australian Navy F-22 Sea Raptor. But with conventional folded wings like the F/A-18F.

As well as a RAN F/A-18F

Chris

Mind if I join guys?.

How long do we have left..

I have some Dragon 1/144 F-22's, and F/A-18F's arriving in a day or so..

I would like to do a Royal Australian Navy F-22 Sea Raptor. But with conventional folded wings like the F/A-18F.

As well as a RAN F/A-18F

Chris

There's three months left. Have at it.

Just floating an idear.......

The RAAF (EADS ?) proposed a F-111G 'wild weasel' design in 2003

http://www.ausairpower.net/DT-EADS-MAY03.pdf

would this be a Whif ? - as the -111 fleet is now under retirement ?

-be happy

-steve

That would absolutely be a whiff. That variant of the F-111 was never a reality, only a proposal.

You're more than welcome to join and there is still plenty of time left. I'd love to see a "anti-radar" Vark in the group build.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys...

Have been trying to get the various 'net resources together before submitting my planned builds. Just wanna make sure that I'm alright joining in with less than 2 months to go... Started work on them (in earnest) about 3 weeks ago. All are 1/72 scale.

Plans are:

1. Avro Arrow Mk. 6 - if Canada had produced the Arrow and continued modifications on the airframe & powerplants.

Inspired by:

3412208589_d973157bcf_o.png

2. Canadian-updated CF-18 - using the existing airframe / keel to make a new stealthy model.

Inspired by:

3412280043_5f9fcf703a_o.jpg

(If I have time)

3. Forward Swept Wing CF-18 - modified airframe with low-observable (and possibly vectoring) engines.

Inspired by:

3413084032_10dc034cb9_o.jpg

Edited by danse
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone..

Can I join with an Australian F-111AU that was re-tooled and built by Boeing Australia in order to keep the control in the region..

And a Boeing Australia AU-27UB. An Australian version of the SU-27UB, re-tooled and built by Boeing Australia..

The only problem I am having is deciding between scenarios...

RAAF F-111AU Idea #1

Re-tooled Boeing Australia F-111AU.

As the Australian Navy has just built its first two Aircraft Carriers. The RAAF F/A-18F Super Hornet's And Legacy Hornet's have been re-deployed to the Navy.

The RAAF on the other hand will take delivery of their re-tooled and built Boeing Australia F-111AU. Not only based in its original home of the Amberley AFB. (1 & 6 Sqn) A new squadron has been deployed to Darwin and the boring dark grey has been replaced with an Australian desert splinter scheme...

RAAF F-111AU Idea #2

With some of the world (including the US & China) not recognizing Australia's large soverignty of Antarctica. Australia has no option other than basing a Squadron or two of F-111AU's in the Southern regions of Australia.

Painted in an Antarctic black/ white/ grey splinter scheme this Aircraft has been re-introduced in order to deter any nation that seeks to infringe & gain from resources on Australian soil....

RAAF AU-27UB Idea #1

Tired of waiting for the US to allow the Australian government to buy the F-22 Raptor. And also sick of the money spent, and the lack of promisses met regarding the F-35.

Boeing's sister company Boeing Australia, with the backing of the Australian Government. Gains the license rights from Russia, to produce an Australian version of the SU-27UB..

With cost involved in building its own stealth program. Australia decides to match other countries in the region, and decides to build its own home grown version of the SU-27UB. Re named the AU-27UB. The Australian Flanker is filled with Australian made technology and avionics that is decades above that of the Indonesians, and Malaysians, and is compatiple with the Australian RAAF and Navy aircraft, as well Singaporean, Korean, and Japanese aircraft (ie F-15)..

With the break down of stability in Fiji (this is happening now) Australia with New Zealand, decides to stop relying on the US for assistance and takes on a stronger role in the region. Added with the pressure of the Chinese Government (this is also happening now) trying to buy out Australian companies and sifting Australia of its vast resources. Australia has decided to look after it's own destiny. All be it peacefull and democratically.. Australia also decides to give New Zealand 30 of its older Legacy F/A-18A's & B's to help it boost its non existant Air Force........

Now guys the AU-27UB scenario has been decided as a "what-if". But I would like your thoughts regarding all of them...

Chris

Chris

Edited by Viking_Samurai
  • 2 weeks later...

I might jump in and see if I can do something that may have eventuated for the RAAF back in the early sixties-a RAAF TF-105 Startfighter. I don't know if I'll get it done in a month but I'll have crack using the Hasegawa 1/48 TF-104G that I picked up that came in Italian Anniversary markings. If I do it'll be NMF with some scolloping around the intakes like the early Mirages and a nice tail flash.

Regards

Andrew

Hi everyone!

If it's ok I'd like to participate and finally contribute something to this fine group. For the longest time I thought I had conjured a gem of a "what if": A Japanese J7W "Shinden" in German markings as sort of a 'trade' for the Germans giving the Japanese the Me-262. I thought that I had finally thought of something that no one had thought of before until just yesterday when I found a 1/48 J7W2 "Shinden-Kai" jet powered variant and the picture of the box interior showed along with the big red meatballs....german crosses. So after accepting that my little bubble had been popped, I decided that I would like to build this model for the GB.