While not much may get done until after Christmas, I have a couple planned ...

What if ... the Marines had managed to get some F-86's instead of the marginally powered FJ-2's pushed on them by the Navy ... ie, I've got a Has F-86 I don't want to do in NMF.

What if ... the RAF operated some attack Skyraiders ... gray-green camo or maybe desert.

What if ... the USAF was forced into the Tomcat business, but allowed to put in better engines from the start ... 72nd Has Cat in the waiting, to be done in SEA camo.

Gary F

My CF-166A (F-2A) is near done, but I really do not like the way it turned out. Might redo the cam from standard CF Hornet style to a CF-116 late style.

Repainted it. Now I am happy.......er.

Here we go!

This is my initial sketch when I heard about the Whif Group Build.

F-16S-1.jpg

This is my refined rendering. I'm going to begin this effort tonight after the kids go to bed.

F-2s.jpg

Thoughts???

Edited by Desertpilot

So...here's a couple ideas I've got:

(1). SEAD/DEAD F-14D; JSOW, HARM, AMRAAM in VF-2 markings

(2). F/A-18L-X; A re-take on the F-18L with rudders outboard on a slightly massaged, rear-mounted wing, NASA HARV style thrust vectoring and canards. Would have AA loadout only

Desert, that is a hellishly beautiful project. A TwinViper like that should look pretty damn sweet. That'll take some serious putty fu to smooth out the widened fuselage. You might want to entertain the though of a twin tail workup maybe, but the canards should also be quite interesting to work out. Are you going to do a divided twin-mouth intake on the bottom, similar to the Typhoon?

Desert, that is a hellishly beautiful project. A TwinViper like that should look pretty damn sweet. That'll take some serious putty fu to smooth out the widened fuselage. You might want to entertain the though of a twin tail workup maybe, but the canards should also be quite interesting to work out. Are you going to do a divided twin-mouth intake on the bottom, similar to the Typhoon?

Thanks Sauragnmon, yeah, I know it's going to be painful. Not only because I have to widen the fuesalge, but I have to lengthen it as well. As for the intakes, I'm not going to re-shape them, just widen and split them. I'm going to be installing an Isra-cast spine on the back, so the widened body will be covered somewhat.

The canards are another story. I'm planning on mounting them via brass tube & rod, along with the elevators, so they can move. I'm going to be making this an "in flight" model and since it's going to be 48th scale, I'll be mounting it on some clear rods over a runway of some kind.

I'm starting this tonight, so I should have some "in progress" pic's shortly.

Thanks Sauragnmon, yeah, I know it's going to be painful. Not only because I have to widen the fuesalge, but I have to lengthen it as well. As for the intakes, I'm not going to re-shape them, just widen and split them. I'm going to be installing an Isra-cast spine on the back, so the widened body will be covered somewhat.

The canards are another story. I'm planning on mounting them via brass tube & rod, along with the elevators, so they can move. I'm going to be making this an "in flight" model and since it's going to be 48th scale, I'll be mounting it on some clear rods over a runway of some kind.

I'm starting this tonight, so I should have some "in progress" pic's shortly.

Sounds interesting. If you've got 2 F-16 kits, lengthening it shouldn't be a HUGE problem, but widening with probably take some styrene and putty fu.

Sounds interesting. If you've got 2 F-16 kits, lengthening it shouldn't be a HUGE problem, but widening with probably take some styrene and putty fu.

Yep, that was my plan. I've got two Hase. F-2A kits and was planning on hacking them to lengthen it. Spreading out the back and blending it to the front end is going to be a chore.

Pic's to follow!

Mind if I join?...

I have had an F/A-18F that was half built, shelved, and won't be looked at for atleast after Xmas..

Originally it was meant to be an actuall Australian RAAF 6 Sqn F/A-18F, but I have had other thoughts..

Here is what I am thinking....

As QANTAS is "Australia's Airline" and is at the descresion of the Government.. I thought that because QANTAS use Amberley Air Force Base, (Where I grew up) as a testing field. I thought about doing a High Vis RAAF F/A-18F in red markings with the pre 1984 QANTAS Flying Kangaroo with wings on the tails as a testiment to the close association the RAAF and QANTAS have had through history..

Desertpilot, that F-2 Kai looks fantastic! :thumbsup: Can't wait to see it in plastic!

Samurai Chris, could you post a picture of the progress so far on the F/A-18F? So we mods can decide whether it's eligible or not. "Half-finished" sounds a bit too far along to be eligible, I'm afraid.

I think i might do this...

ace-combat-6-fires-of-liberation-2.jpg

I also have a lot of projects, my old flatmate gave me an old F-14 to donate to this but of course, due to rules, i will need to start again. see how i go.

im going to love watching this group build!

How unreal does the VF-84 flanker look, good going as always chris!

Benny

• 2 weeks later...