^ Looking forward to those! :thumbsup: Especially the A-10s! :woot.gif: Grey splinters! :woo:

I've often wondered how the splinters would look on an aircraft in a winter scheme as the Army uses it? White replacing the brown and light green, wasn't it?

hey all!!

can I join??

I was toying with doing another F-106 whiff, but I haven't decided on markings yet.

I just posted pics of my CF-106 on the Jet Modeling Forum yesterday..

cheers, Ian

Come on in, the more the merrier.

I was toying with the idea of an RAF F-106 myself a few months back. I also thought a Greek or Turkish F-106 would look good, as replacements for those countries F-102's. Thought about the idea of an F-106 bomb truck also.

Beautiful plane.

^ Looking forward to those! :thumbsup: Especially the A-10s! :woot.gif: Grey splinters! :woo:

I'll start building threads for both projects and then we will see if i manage to finish them. If not it might be possible to move them to the in the works subforum.

I've often wondered how the splinters would look on an aircraft in a winter scheme as the Army uses it? White replacing the brown and light green, wasn't it?

You're right, but that is not the camo i'll do but one based on USAF Flipper scheme, but that will be the A-10N/AW or A36B, the third build.

Jason,

Thats exactly what I was playing around with. A RAF 106 with markings from some Lightning or Phantom unit..

What do you think?

Cheers, Ian

What do I think? I think great minds think alike, it sounds like a brilliant idea. :thumbsup::worship:

I was toying with No. 74 Tiger Squadron markings from an old Phantom I have as well as possibly possibly doing a current low vis Tornado squadron marking for one.

I was thinking of Firestreak or Red Tops for the Tiger squadron plane and Sky Flash and ASRAAM's for the current version.

A long time ago … a very long time actually I once started with this “projectâ€. :)

It is inspired by the original concepts for an updated Hornet and the IAI Arye albeit without canards …

Now it is sitting in a box waiting to be finished, but now I have three kids … a fine job … and I think I lost all my previous skills (if I ever had any) to finish it in the quality I expect. :P

Additionally I’m still undecided what colour-scheme would fit … my proposals are:

1. a Japanese dark-blue one …

2. in the colours of the Taiwanese IDF

3. something like the Israeli scheme

Huu … I don’t know, but I still like it.

Cheers, Deino

Hornet2000top.jpg

Hornet2000bottom.jpg

Edited by Deino

Hey ;)

How about a Six in a Swedish Viggen style splinter scheme? Or an Isreali Six done in early natural metal Mirage type scheme,

OR.....................Isreali camo from the 6 Day War timeframe??

I've got so many going thru my head, I can't sleep at night..... :deadhorse1:

Cheers, Ian

Hey :P

How about a Six in a Swedish Viggen style splinter scheme? Or an Isreali Six done in early natural metal Mirage type scheme,

I've got so many going thru my head, I can't sleep at night..... :cheers:

Cheers, Ian

Hey, how's about Deino's Super-Duper Bug in Swedish Viggen styled splinter camou scheme? :rofl:

Just imagine the Swedes did not go ahead with the Gripen because of the $$$... and subsequently took a lead from their Nordic neighbour (Finland) and invested in a heavily Swedenised Superbug...

Giles

Hey :woot.gif:

I've got so many going thru my head, I can't sleep at night..... :thumbsup:

Cheers, Ian

I actually thought about an Israeli 106 also. Think I may have seen a profile over on the What If forum.

Since you mentioned Mirage type scheme, how about a French F-106?

Maybe JASDF camo??

:cheers:

Hi,

I usually hang out at the rotorhead forum, but this GB has really got my attention... Can I still join in? I don't have my idea yet, but I am brainstorming...

If it's too late to enter, I understand.

Please advise,

Bon

Sure, you're welcome to join in. There's still plenty of time for this GB, and I look forward to seeing your GB entry.

Sure, you're welcome to join in. There's still plenty of time for this GB, and I look forward to seeing your GB entry.

Great. I will let it be known when I figure out what I am going to do. Probably going to be a chopper, I dunno...

Bon

Hi,

I usually hang out at the rotorhead forum, but this GB has really got my attention... Can I still join in? I don't have my idea yet, but I am brainstorming...

If it's too late to enter, I understand.

Please advise,

Bon

Dude, if you need ideas, just ask, we've got hundreds of them, right Ian? :thumbsup:

Heck, the ideas keep Ian up at night. :lol:

Yeah, there's PLENTY of ideas to go around. Could be so simple as new markings on the plane - export it to a country you think it might look cool serving in, or make your own country for the job - or new parts - ever thought an AL-31 and some other modifications would make a Viper look a little cooler? - or a bash so beautiful it looks very little like the parents - switchblade F-14 anybody?

There's all sorts of ideas, and just think, this is only Aircraft. I'm a full time whiffer, I bash Everything Military. Tanks, Planes, Ships, nothing is sacred! NOTHING!

Yeah, there's PLENTY of ideas to go around. Could be so simple as new markings on the plane - export it to a country you think it might look cool serving in, or make your own country for the job - or new parts - ever thought an AL-31 and some other modifications would make a Viper look a little cooler? - or a bash so beautiful it looks very little like the parents - switchblade F-14 anybody?

There's all sorts of ideas, and just think, this is only Aircraft. I'm a full time whiffer, I bash Everything Military. Tanks, Planes, Ships, nothing is sacred! NOTHING!

Sounds cool. This will be my first time.... I am learning towards something from WW2.... still racking my brain...

Thanks Guys,

Bon

Sounds cool. This will be my first time.... I am learning towards something from WW2.... still racking my brain...

Thanks Guys,

Bon

Ooooh, WW II.

Good time for whiffs.

Any thoughts as to a nationality of the aircraft?

Some of the ideas I had cooked up for WWII involve mostly Axis aircraft. Mostly the thought of Germany getting a carrier and importing Japanese carrier aircraft (Val's, Kate's, Jill's and Grace's off the top of my head) or the IJAAF getting certain German or Italian aircraft (Japanese Me-110/210/410, Heinkel He-100 in service, Me-109's, Fw-190A/F/D, Fiat G.50/55 or a Macchi 202/205 in IJAAF markings)

I also had a crazy idea cooked up for an Me-109G or K nose grafted onto a Ki-61 Tony.

The possibilities are endless, unfortunately the time for modeling isn't.......

Ironically, Jason, the nose mounting for a 109G/K would be little different to the Ki-61 Hien, as they both have the same engine under the hood - all you'd be changing is the weapons mountings.

An interesting whif would be a DB-601 mounted in a Stuka - close enough to a D4Y, save with the wings and such.

Ironically, Jason, the nose mounting for a 109G/K would be little different to the Ki-61 Hien, as they both have the same engine under the hood - all you'd be changing is the weapons mountings.

An interesting whif would be a DB-601 mounted in a Stuka - close enough to a D4Y, save with the wings and such.

This is true, I guess the prop and spinner would be the only really noticeable difference, although the cowls look slightly different even taking the armament into account.

DB-601 on a Stuka would look cool. I had bounced around the idea of a radial engined Stuka at one point.

I've got Green's "Warplanes of the Luftwaffe", and I think somewhere in there he mentioned that Junkers had some design work on a possible radial engine mount but it never progressed beyond design stage.

ECM aircraft:

1/48 F7U Cutlass converted to a stable, reliable ECM platform known as the Electric Knife.

Lindberg F-11F also converted to a twin seat ECM machine known as the Static Cat.

Preliminary plans for the Cutlass: Squadron canopy for the Hobbycraft F7U-3/3M, ejection seat, part of cockpit scratchbuilt. Underwing ECM pods with canards mounted into the noses of the pods. Reliable, uprated engines. Either USAF, USCG, or RCAF service.

Preliminary plans for the Tiger: Extended nose portion with cuts behind the canopy to add a second crew member and ECM bay as well as a fuselage extension behind the main wing to compensate for the longer nose. Quickboost nozzle from the Draken for the uprated engine. Enlarged tail surfaces. Antennae added here and there. Possible USAF SEA role.

The Cutlass arrived yesterday and the Tiger is due to be delivered 2 Feb. to my E. Oregon office so both projects should commence soon.

Again, the goal for me is to participate and enjoy with completion being optional within the GB deadlines as we are listing the house tomorrow for a sale so both time and facilities will likely be quite limited. I just really like the GB idea. :whistle::rofl:

Cheers,

Daryl J.

[Edit for spelling]

Edited by Daryl J.