Here's a few from my collection of What If's

F-107. Trumpeter 1/72 built as Italian aircraft late in it's career during Desert Storm

100_3064.jpg

F-16 Forward Swept Wing Attack. 1/72 from old YF-16 plus new styrene wings and F-8 tailplanes for canards.

100_1700-1.jpg

XFY-1 Pogo. KP 1/72 built as operational Mexican Navy fighter.

100_1670.jpg

Kitbashed 1/72 FV-12 done as an operational Navy fighter.

100_1606.jpg

Hope this inspires someones creative juices.

Ed

A major source of inspiration (which actually got me into building whifs) should be the WHAT-IF THREAD in Jet Modelling and the same thread for the rotorheads HERE. Lots of interesting options and some fantastic artwork as well as completed builds. ;)

EDIT: That Italian F-107 is very inspiring indeed. :thumbsup: Got one planned now with the shark-mouth some ECR Tornadoes sport.

Edited by ChernayaAkula

Inspiration you say?

Some may remember my failed Israeli F-161A, an Italeri F-16C and a pair of heavily modified MiG-19 engine nacelles:

Config 1:

IAIF-161A011.jpg

Config 2:

IAIF-161A021.jpg

I might finish it over winter break.

My F/I-14C Tomcat-21 Interceptor with ruddervators and F-22 P&W F-119 engines.

100_1158.jpg

Eddie, I give up! I saw Hogzilla and literally my jaw dropped and I said oh F***! That and your Hornet/Phantom are freaking SWEEEET!

Thank you! Hogzilla took me the better part of 2 years to finish, including having it partially damaged in a fall from where I was storing it from the ceiling :)

My favorite! That's awesome! Is it the Monogram kit (err a couple of them)?

Thank you! Yes, that is two A-10 kits. That was also my first try at nose art.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/scu...la/Jan08058.jpg

overhead shot

Jan08083.jpg

I forgot this one. It's a B-25/P-51 that I call "The Pusher"

HPIM0184.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/scu...25/HPIM0196.jpg

Inspiration? I can pop one piece of inspirational material, well two. One's major Whif, one's minor Whif.

First things first, the Big one - my F-20 Tigershark, Egyptian AF Markings. What if the F-20 had taken to the export market, Egypt bought it, and then with thinning relations to the US, increasing friendly talks with Russia, decided on an upgrade, akin to the Super Mirage F-1, mounting an RD-33 in place? New Intakes, New Burner, New Weapons. Yes, that's right, those are Russian missiles.

TigersharkTopside.jpg

TigersharkTailView.jpg

TigersharkNoseShot.jpg

TigersharkGroundClearance.jpg

TigersharkArmament.jpg

Now for the not-so-major whif - Yes, there's no hinomaru's on it yet, but here we go, a J7W1 with a few service markings on it.

ShindenFront.jpg

ShindenBack.jpg

That ought to help inspire the mind a little. Enjoy!

First is the Transall Calais/Dover, a flying boat whiffed from the 1/220th Lodela/Heller C-160. Full article here.

calais08.jpg

This one caused some controversy, an Airfix 727-200 turned into an Ekranoplan, article here.

03.jpg

The Sopwith Bactrian had a somewhat risqué backstory.

bactrian2.jpg

A relatively simple job was the ancient Aurora Skyknight morphing into the Spanish Toro in this article.

Completed7.jpg

The Heller 1/200th Breguet Atlantic became an AEW version called the Calypso in this post.

calypso2.jpg

This is the one that most enjoyed, and it was the simplest. Monty Python fans can read the story here.

jpg2.jpg

Really like the hovercraft covered in eels and the B-727 Ekranoplan! :unsure:

How do I delete those last two posts?!

I tried to put it in the 'Inspiration' thread but they automatically go here. ***?!

I killed your duplicate posts/threads. Hope that's okay with you! :cheers: Had to use my "mod powers", for once! diablotin.gif

Really like the hovercraft covered in eels and the B-727 Ekranoplan! :D

I killed your duplicate posts/threads. Hope that's okay with you! :worship: Had to use my "mod powers", for once! diablotin.gif

Thanks, I realise now what I was doing wrong, I was hitting 'New Topic' instead of reply. :huh:

F-15 ACTIVE in USAF service...

bybenjo013.jpg

Still workin on this one... F-14D SCHNEE leader, Ace Combat Zero.

bybenjo001-1.jpg

T-90, Battlefield 2

T90028.jpg

Shin Kazama's F-8 Crusader, Area 88

bybenjo007.jpg

SU-37 Yellow 13, from various Ace combats, And S-32 Berkut Concept, 1/48 scale - academy su-27+academy F-111 smash...

su-37andberkut.jpg

T-90, Battlefield 2

T90028.jpg

Which kit is this?

All the builds look great, but Soviet/Russian armor always catches my eye (must have something to do with years of training to destroy Soviet and Warsaw Pact armored vehicles......) :yahoo:

Which kit is this?

All the builds look great, but Soviet/Russian armor always catches my eye (must have something to do with years of training to destroy Soviet and Warsaw Pact armored vehicles......) ;)

Its the 1/35 Revell T-72B kit. This is the one you need to get the correct wheel options. Its a rebox of the old dragon kit. This kit is also boxed (although with the early small turret) as the zvezda T-72A kit.

I used the A.E.F designs resin conversion set. Its very poor, but you get a VERY EXCELLENT turret.

The alternative to this is the MINIARM conversion sets, but they sell the parts separaetely. your T-90 will end up costing you $200 or something stupid like that.

ANd, you are right, there is something about russian armor. Its like a magnet for me. Every now and then, i NEED to build some.

Benny

Here are a few of my previous builds...

Texas Army Air Corps - General Dynamics F/A-9E Mirage 2+ (aka licence-manufactured, modernized Dassault Mirage F.1)

miragef1pic5.jpg

miragef1pic4.jpg

MirageF1top1.jpg

Whif Texas Mirage F.1 thread

Mexican Navy MiG-19

MexicanMiG-19top.jpg

MexicanMiG-19rightside1.jpg

Whif Mexican Navy MiG-19 thread

Republican Spain MiG-17

FAREMiG-17top-agoodpic1.jpg

FAREMiG-17leftside-agoodcloseup.jpg

A Family Portrait...

Myfirstthreewhifs.jpg

RNZAF CF-127K Wendigo (a Bristol license-built ex-Canadian MiG-27)

MiG27finish5.jpg

MiG27finish3.jpg

Whif New Zealand MiG-27 thread

:D, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays & Happy Modeling, Bryan