2 more that i completed over the weekend.

the first one is the IAF F-22I. after the massive cut backs on defence by USA, lockheed found that the only way to keep the f-22 viable and its company employess afloat and from unemployment was the sale of f-22 airframes to American Allies. The JASDF, RAF, RoKAF, RSAF and then the IAF all recieved in turn small numbers of the most advanced fighter in the world, forming composite rotational squadrons with the americans, and having a strong detachment of american personnel to 'oversee' all aspects of operations and prevent falling into the wrong hands. the f-22I is one such example, fitted with AESA and israeli defence systems, they are capable of flying ahead of the ra'ams and sufas and delivering the 'invisble hand' blow to enemy fighters. of particular use is the all aspect capabilty of the python 5 missile in place of the aim9X, this gives the israeli raptor a tremendous advantage in close-in dogfighting, making them almost unchallengable until the advent of similiar russian and chinese gen 5 fighters.

frr222.jpg

frr22.jpg

the 2nd is the f-16 block72, desgined for advanced developed countries with good economies, threatened by conflict but are unable to commit resources to new-built gen5 advanced fighters such as the f-15k, f-35 or the su-35 etc.. taiwan was the first to opt for a developmental batch of the f-16 block 70. basically, it is outwardly similiar to the original f-16xl, only with the intakes strnegthned, the bulky landing gear of the block 50/52 and a regular combat proven pratt and whitney engine.

the advantages are obvious, with the f-16 b72 sharing as much as 30 to 50% parts and systems commonality with the taiwenese f-16As and ChingKuo indigenous fighters. this saves alot of costs on maintenence, procurement of spares and lessens training time and familiarity of aircraft amongst crews. indeed, at squadron level, crew exchanges often take place in order for pilots and ground crews to be able to handle a second type of aircraft should war break out and emergency conditions ensue.

the block 72s offer the same load carrying abilty of the f-15E strike eagles, at a fraction of the cost, and much simplicity. furthermore, with cfts and more fuel than conventional f-16s, they offer taiwan a marked leap forward in terms of strike and offensive capabilty.

rocaf164.jpg

rocaf163.jpg

rocaf162.jpg

rocaf16.jpg

BUGGER!! :shoot:

I just finished my 1/144 F-16xls (saudi) with harms, mavericks etc etc, thought i was the only one!, also my Euroweasel is now on hold due to right shoulder op on wednesday :pray: , so out of action for 3 months (downer dudes!)...hey ho plenty of time to get some ideas i suppose!, already got a few started like a postal F-16 (guaranteed delivery!) and a red arrow F-16! thats different, also a royal navy viking the list goes on- ive so many kits its madness!!

Nice finish on the XL though, much better than mine. :salute:

TP.