• 3 weeks later...

And here we go.........................

In 1980 Canada noted the CF(A)-116 Skyhawks were getting past their prime. 433, 414 and 416 were still using the two seat attack variant out of Bagotteville, North Bay and Cold Lake.

While 425, 417, 434, and 419 (Lead in fighter training) were using a mix of two seat and single seat fighters.

This first shot shows the first squadron to transition (after 419) 425 in the standard scheme for operational aircraft. With a 419 squadron aggressor in the back ground.

jpg5-12.jpg

The Avro Super Falcon was built after Avro took over Lockheed and improved on the basic design. Avro saw fit to keep around 5 of the Lockheed engineers in the continueing brain drain into Canada, everyone else had to get a job at the local Canadian Tire which as we all know took over all the US Wallmarts.

Or Harveys after taking over Mc Yucks.

Japan later licenesed built the Avro CF-166A as the F-2A.

These lower cost fighters were built for in Canada use as the CF-188 Hornets were still (at this time) based in Germany with 2 and 4 wings. Squadrons being 409,421, 428, 427, 439 and 441 with training with 410 in Cold Lake. Those of course also being built in Canada at the Canadair plant in Quebec.

This shot shows a 433 squadron two holer in the background.

jpg4-14.jpg

Edit, noticed the one photo rule. but I figured 2 more what-ifs? in the background might get me forgiven.

Edited by phantom
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Boyah! Done with my F/A-14E/F Super Alicat Mk-II!

Flown by Captain Richard Kurokawa Kahn, formerly Lt. Col. of the Islamic Republic of Iran AF, current flight lead for Shadow Mercenary Group of the Federal Eurasian Air Force, the AF branch of the UN military.

000_0330.jpg

000_0329.jpg

000_0332.jpg

000_0328.jpg

Edited by sv51macross

The Boeing 747-400SB:

Finished construction at 8pm this evening.:) It took a bit longer because I decided to make the fans appear to be turning; four hours making the first one, twenty minutes making the other three.

744finished4.jpg

744finished6.jpg

744finished1.jpg

744finished5.jpg

744finished7.jpg

Had a ball building this and trying some new things along the way, especially how to reposition the wingtoot and reshape the front; techniques that can be applied to a full size Revell kit to bring it more into visual accuracy! :cheers:

Will make some outdoor shots tomorrow, id the sun cooperates.

Here's to the Aussies!! Enjoy,

Frank

Edited by oldHooker
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...