Hi Guys,

I'll take the first shot...

I am looking for Russian air to air missiles for my What-If MiG-31

Does anyone have the folllowing spare missiles they are willing to part with?:

AA-9 Amos (I know this does not exist in 1/48);

AA-11 Archer;

AA-12 Adder;

Also looking for AIM-54 Phoenix (with launcher pallet). I had the Has Set, used the AIM-7 and AIM-9L for my Elmendorf F-15A on Bear alert (some 20 years ago), but don't know where I put the rest of the box now :D .

Thanks!

Giles

I may have what you need.

I'll check my vast stash tomorrow. I know I have the Academy SU-27 that has the weapons. Will that do?

I am also certain I have the HAS AIM-54 and pallets.

Thanks Wizard!

The Aca SU-27 will do.

The Has AIM-54 and pallet will be sweet.

I am planning to dig through my stuff for the Has AIM-54 in my parent's attic over the weekend. Haven't the slightest clue of where to start... :crying2:

Thanks Wizard!

The Aca SU-27 will do.

The Has AIM-54 and pallet will be sweet.

I am planning to dig through my stuff for the Has AIM-54 in my parent's attic over the weekend. Haven't the slightest clue of where to start... :crying2:

Send me a PM and I will get back to you ASAP.

Dude, I am sending out parts left and right these days............most of time for free. I will put in a paded envelope or skinny box to save on postage.

Send me a PM and I will get back to you ASAP.

Dude, I am sending out parts left and right these days............most of time for free. I will put in a paded envelope or skinny box to save on postage.

Thanks for your offer Wizard.

PM sent.

Hmm, here I am, looking for a few bits in 1/72 scale, as follows:

1x KAB-1500, a la Italeri Su-34 or similar.

2x AA-9 Amos, from a MiG-31.

I'm looking for either of these weapons, I can get away with only one KAB, as I have three on the damn bird. The Amos might look interesting as well, but I have no supply, and while I might consider picking up a Foxhound just for the whifbash, I'm loath to remove its trademark missiles, as to me it'd be like building an F-14 without Phoe.... nevermind, I won't say that. Just suffice it to say, if I built a Foxhound, I'd want those... short of building some sort of crazy chinese Whif, like the Shenyang J-10, but then I'd need to find something with a big enough delta wing to do that.

Pop me a PM if you have the materials, we'll discuss the details.

Edited by Sauragnmon

I'm looking for some 1/72 USMC decals for an A-4 in gull gray over white scheme. A partial sheet would be acceptable. I have some decals I can trade or will pay a reasonable price. These are for my turboprop Corsair. I thought I had some, but when I looked, all the A-4 decals in my stash are for Navy birds.

Thanks,

Ed

Does anyone have some 1/72 AIM-54 Phoenix, AGM-88 HARM, AIM-9M Sidewinder, and/or AIM-120 AMRAAM missiles?

I'm looking for a load for my whif MiG-31. Phoenix's (or AGM-65 Mavericks, now that I think about it) under the fuselage, HARMS on the outboard wing pylons, 'Winders/AMRAAMs/drop tanks on the inboard pylons (think F-15).

Thanks!

Does anyone have some 1/72 AIM-54 Phoenix, AGM-88 HARM, AIM-9M Sidewinder, and/or AIM-120 AMRAAM missiles?

I'm looking for a load for my whif MiG-31. Phoenix's (or AGM-65 Mavericks, now that I think about it) under the fuselage, HARMS on the outboard wing pylons, 'Winders/AMRAAMs/drop tanks on the inboard pylons (think F-15).

Thanks!

Chris, I think I can help you out here. I know I have some Phoenix, HARM and Sidewinders I can spare.

Ed

Thanks!

I've got your missiles, but had been a little scarce lately. We just had a bad time with the weather here (ice storm) and lost power for a couple of days. My uncle passed away last week as well so I've been limited for time, but things are settling now. If you still need them, I've got them.
  • 4 weeks later...
I'll have four Phoenixes, and two HARM I can spare up... if you can share the AA-9's? I also have Mavericks on hand.
Do you still need AA-9's? I've got some from the old Revell kit if you'd like them.
Nah I abandoned the concept when I realized, and have seen evidence, that Iran has built their own Phoenixes.
Are they just refurbing the existing ones they have or have they reverse engineered the whole shebang?

Any links?

Actually, reports are that they are actually full blown A-Model Reverse-engineered Phoenixes. There's videos of a Modern scheme F-14 in Iranian service being loaded with full pallets of them on the tunnel. Hawks are carried on the glove, and that was only a partial concept. Something tells me the Russians might have helped with the finalizations, but either way, there are -54A's in Iranian hands that they've built on their own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptsiiw5R_J8...feature=related

Among other sources, one might consider, for example This video. Yes it is a composite, but to cover proof, notice that from 37 to 45 seconds, you can see the Phoenix, and its pallets, on the aircraft. 37 seconds you get a tail view, of the aft Phoenix on the pallets, and as it's rolling past the camera, you can see the forward pallets in place with the Phoenix hanging under it. By comparison, the Hawk configuration test, from those I've heard it from, was a central modified mounting, or a glove-hung mount.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, anybody happen to have a means for me to get my hands on the transparencies for an Su-27? I haven't the damndest which producer, as I got the corpse second hand prior to going all Victor Frankenstein on this beauty, but I'm missing that and the speedbrake flap. I can scratch up something resembling pylons for the missiles, all I need is the glass really - the speedbrake I can scratch and putty in the closed position. My Putty-fu is Strong.

So, PM me if anybody happens to have a spare one kicking around Somewhere.

Oh yeah - I need this in 1/72 scale.

Edited by Sauragnmon