Hi Zmey, nice work so far.

I've found myself looking at these models lately, I even tried to find one at the recent IPMS U.K. SMW but did n't see one. :cheers:

I know next to nothing about this genre of modelling so I've got a couple of questions if I may?

Are these colours how the kit comes out of the box or have you painted any of it?

Also, how did you choose one model from the huge range of types available...? :)

:thumbsup:

Hi Zmey, nice work so far.

I've found myself looking at these models lately, I even tried to find one at the recent IPMS U.K. SMW but did n't see one. ;)

I know next to nothing about this genre of modelling so I've got a couple of questions if I may?

Are these colours how the kit comes out of the box or have you painted any of it?

Also, how did you choose one model from the huge range of types available...? :cheers:

:cheers:

It was my first gundam and it had quite a few surprises. It comes on dozens of sprues, each molded in different colored plastic. What you see on my photos is how it comes out from the box. No paint needed unless you are going to do a what-if. All joints are movable. Including the digits. Hidden compartments open up revealing more weapons. Wings fold. "Escape pod" canoly opens. Second, the quality of molding is above and beyond of what we are used to in regular aircraft or armor scale models. Sprue cutters is the only tool you need. Absolutely no sanding or puttying requred. Unless you fudge something up of course. Its an engineering marvel in itself. Finally, and that was a jaw-dropper, you dont need glue. Every part simply clicks and locks in place. In turn, you have to be careful to follow instructions and connect the right pieces. Separating parts that have locked together is a royal pain in the arse. What else... few hundreds of parts easily. But nothing fiddly. Carpet monster will have nothing on you.

I bought that "Destiny" at an Anime convention. No serious thought went into selection. Got the biggest gundam they had, that looked least futuristic and most suitable for my what-if.

I guess that it - ask away if you have any other questions.

Wow!

thanks for the info Zmey.

This looks like a phenominal model kit.

May I ask, how tall does it stand?

What "scale" is this one and is it a particularly highgrade kit or are they all fully articulated?

I'd love to see more pictures if you have any please.

Cheers,

;)

Wow!

thanks for the info Zmey.

This looks like a phenominal model kit.

May I ask, how tall does it stand?

What "scale" is this one and is it a particularly highgrade kit or are they all fully articulated?

I'd love to see more pictures if you have any please.

Cheers,

:)

Its 1/60 "Perfect Scale" (iirc). It stands about 15 inches tall.

I'll make more photos before painting.

• 2 months later...

Very nice Zmey :salute:

Very nice Zmey...I always thought the Gundams looked meaner with somewhat realistic paint schemes instead of the bright*** Fisher Price colors lol...great job! :)

I agree.

If I ever get to one I would like a more realistic scheme like this.

Good job.

:cheers: