A guy I work with has a really great relative whom I had the pleasure of meeting yesterday. 20 yrs active Navy, served on three carriers and ended his stay as a plane captain on '46 Deltas with HC-6 out of Norfolk (not sure of the time line). I'd like to build his bird, or the nearest equivalent in 35th. Which kit would you lads suggest and are there any viable options for these particular markings? Thanks fellas. VG

A guy I work with has a really great relative whom I had the pleasure of meeting yesterday. 20 yrs active Navy, served on three carriers and ended his stay as a plane captain on '46 Deltas with HC-6 out of Norfolk (not sure of the time line). I'd like to build his bird, or the nearest equivalent in 35th. Which kit would you lads suggest and are there any viable options for these particular markings? Thanks fellas. VG

You can't in 1/35, but you can in 1/48. I'm a Marine Crew Chief on Phrogs and I'm PCSing to 774 in Norfolk in Jan. I have alot of pics if you like them, but not of navy D's. The nearest equivalent in 1/35 would be a 47, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE that's not going to happen. And if you could you will be a GOD!!!

You can't in 1/35, but you can in 1/48. I'm a Marine Crew Chief on Phrogs and I'm PCSing to 774 in Norfolk in Jan. I have alot of pics if you like them, but not of navy D's. The nearest equivalent in 1/35 would be a 47, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE that's not going to happen. And if you could you will be a GOD!!!

100% agreed. For the Phrog a 1/72 scale is not a bad option. The Fuijmi kit is very nice.

Alright, we're makin' some progress here. That's what I pay for, right? So, 48th it is, I'm just not into 72nd. I'm not a Helo guy so pardon my ignorance, which kit would fit the bill and anything on the radar for markings? Thanks again. VG

The easy part, only one Academy/MRC CH/HH-46D.

http://www.cybermodeler.com//hobby/kits/ac...aca_12207.shtml

Hard part, no decals for HC-6. The only Navy decals in 48th scale I know of is the Zotz decals.

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/decals/z..._ztz48028.shtml

Alright, we're makin' some progress here. That's what I pay for, right? So, 48th it is, I'm just not into 72nd. I'm not a Helo guy so pardon my ignorance, which kit would fit the bill and anything on the radar for markings? Thanks again. VG

I do not know if it has the decals you are looking for I do know it has HC-11.

1:48 Academy MRC CH-46D HH-46D Sea Knight US Navy #12207

http://store.spruebrothers.com/shared/Stor...et=products.asp