New project M983 HEMTT

Here is my latest project, M983 HEMTT. It satrted out a an old broken 1/35th Italeri M977 HEMTT kit.

100_4988.jpg

The frame had to be shorten by 39mm.

100_4990.jpg

Spotlights were made from clay, rolled into small ball, baked and cut in half.

100_4994.jpg

Rear section scratched…fifth wheel mount, approach ramps, winch and spotlight mounts.

100_4997.jpg

Scratched platforms were made from Evergreen Plastic L-Angle and wire mesh.

100_4995.jpg

Spotlight glass was made from white glue built up overtime.

100_5003.jpg

Painted in Tamiya's NATO green XF-67

100_5000.jpg

Finnshed followed by NATO black XF-69 and NATO brown XF-68. The wheels are a resin set from Tank Workshop.

100_5004.jpg

I will be scratchbuilding the M860A1 Patroit Missile Semi-Trailer to go along with the M983.

patriot-dvic451.jpg

patriot-dvic450.jpg

Happy Modeling,

Joe

Edited by Helo_Dud

ok thats it i quite again. my darn mouth feel open to the darn floor when i seen this. out standing job their joe. now you need to send this to either tamiya,trump,hobby boss or acedemy to get them to mass produce that thing. well done sir.

@fish. good luck in try tying to find one of them, the command real high pricess on old evil bay. i got lucky a few months back and snaged on for 22.00 bucks

Edited by GA.modelmaker

Many thanks guys, yes it's a fun project. I'm hoping to enter her into BuffCom in April. It'll be my time in over 5 years entering anything.

@Viper50...Are the resin wheels still available? Yes they are.

Michelin Tires

Goodyear Tires

They have a great selection of other bits and things along with great service.Tank Workshop

@Fishwelding...Yes the kit builds well. If your looking to go all out get yourself some PE from Eduard and Pro Arts resin conversion for the fuel pump house.

HEMTT This is for the M977 but you could still use most of the set.

HEMTT resin

@GA...yeah it would be great to see others making a new HEMTT series of trucks.

I've been busy most of the day getting my drawings and measurements together for the Patroit trailer. Pics soon to follow.

Happy Modeling,

Joe

Very nice! Seeing this makes me wonder if it isn't time to get those PE and resin bits and to dig out that Hobby Fan wrecker conversion. A new better series of HEMTT kits would be very nice, Italeri's 1990's kits doesn't really cut it, too many foults and often badly cast. The bad castings made me nickname Italeri "The King of Sinkmarks".

the modeling gods have blessed me, im planning on going back to work on a HEMMTT that was screwed from the manufactureer...... the gods brought me to this website to a man that could mentot me, i bow down to my mentor.....

that said what ar e you like do in doing a dragon wagon?? or the geman halftrack/

im having modeling withdrawl and noticed that ive changed my prefer style of kits

please advise

billd64 thanks

Here is my latest project, M983 HEMTT. It satrted out a an old broken 1/35th Italeri M977 HEMTT kit.

100_4988.jpg

The frame had to be shorten by 39mm.

100_4990.jpg

Spotlights were made from clay, rolled into small ball, baked and cut in half.

100_4994.jpg

Rear section scratched…fifth wheel mount, approach ramps, winch and spotlight mounts.

100_4997.jpg

Scratched platforms were made from Evergreen Plastic L-Angle and wire mesh.

100_4995.jpg

Spotlight glass was made from white glue built up overtime.

100_5003.jpg

Painted in Tamiya's NATO green XF-67

100_5000.jpg

Finnshed followed by NATO black XF-69 and NATO brown XF-68. The wheels are a resin set from Tank Workshop.

100_5004.jpg

I will be scratchbuilding the M860A1 Patroit Missile Semi-Trailer to go along with the M983.

patriot-dvic451.jpg

patriot-dvic450.jpg

Happy Modeling,

Joe

Thanks guys,

The project is moving along, here’s where I’m at. The frame was made from Plastruct “I†Beams, Diamond plate and Evergreen plastic.

Photo shows how it was divided into equal quarters. The 1/1 scale trailer measures 403.5 inches which coverts in 11.53inches in 1/35th.

patriot-dvic4511.jpg

100_5019.jpg

100_5018.jpg

Happy Modeling,

Joe

Edited by Helo_Dud

Thanks Guys,

@Ray,

I'm pretty much using pics I got of the net using Google. I also found a boat load of pics on Prime Portal. I got lucky finding a tag on the frame with it's overall measurements. After that it was nothing but studying the photos. Back to Prime Portal, I've been using the site for many other builds. It's a great resource for reference.

Patroit trailer

Prime Portal

Happy Modeling,

Joe

Joe, I'm speechless. You're unbelievable man. One master piece after an other. I want to know what you do for living man. You must a professional artist. I see the tattoo..oh yeah...flames and all, and the American flag. Oh yeah, it out....I can visualize you now....ex-military, retired, and on your harley cruising away like no tomorrow. Of course, on the free time making some cool models.

Again, some awesome work dude!! Like other have already asked....please cover this project in detail for all of us humble modelers.

:D B) :worship:

Mike

Edited by Youngtiger1

Saw your build for the first time - amazing detail you are putting into it!

I tried to contact a couple of the manufacturers you linked but no responses. I have the HEMTT truck/cargo version M977 and just wanted to get some of the detail sets for it. Do you know of any other stores that carry the lines you mentioned??

Thanks for your help and will be watching this one with interest.

Tricose :thumbsup:

Excellent progress on the trailer. I contacted Jay over at Tankworkshop and both sets of resin wheels are available, I hope to order some soon. The Eduard PE set is out there as well as some of the ProArt stuff. Don M.