New project M983 HEMTT

You must a professional artist....I can visualize you now....ex-military, retired, and on your Harley cruising away like no tomorrow.

You pretty much hit it. Yes to all except I don't ride anymore due to a bad accident. I have more pieces in me than a 1/72nd box F15D Eagle. Today I’m retired/disabled Ironworker. As for the tattoos…I’m covered. The wife and I opened a tattoo shop in Buffalo, NY. We sold it after 4 years, I started to get bored and tired of the BS.

I will cover the project for the most, but if I miss something or someone has a question please ask and I’ll do my best to answer. I started working on armor kits after getting burnt out building Helicopters and Aircraft.

Thanks for the comments,

Joe

Hello Adam,

Thanks for the comments. As for your kits, the M978 & MLRS would make a great dio using Verlindens Desert Storm figures. And for the M977 you could turn that into a HEMTT gun truck used early in Iraq. If you need reference let me know. I’m looking for a second M977 kit :whistle: to scratchbuilt a recovery HEMTT.

Happy Modeling,

Joe

I haven’t really worked on it the last few days, but I did manage to move ahead.

100_5031.jpg

Here’s the work on the fenders, after working out the measurements I jotted them to paper. I also added on the walkway platforms on the fenders. During the trailers movement the outer sections would fold over on top of fender. Mine are flopped over as I may add in a figure or two.

100_5032.jpg

100_5038.jpg

100_5037.jpg

I also started work on the running gear, axles and leaf springs. I still need to add in the linkages.

100_5036.jpg

Missile launch rack and gear ring.

100_5035.jpg

100_5033.jpg

100_5047.jpg

100_5046.jpg

Happy Modeling,

Joe

Hey Joe,

thanks for the update and the direction for finding the stuff for my HEMTT.

Looks great the work you have done recently. How's the snow on your side of the lake??

I'm just east of Toronto and we got about six inches last night.

Tricose ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks fellas…I sort of took a short break as I was started to get a burnt out. I moved it to the left a bit and just finished the M1128 Stryker MGS. I will be getting back to it as I want to finish it up before the April show in Buffalo.

Happy New Year :wave:

Joe

@Fishwelding...Yes the kit builds well. If your looking to go all out get yourself some PE from Eduard and Pro Arts resin conversion for the fuel pump house.

HEMTT This is for the M977 but you could still use most of the set.

HEMTT resin

Excellent! Thanks for the links!

This patriot battery vehicle is a stunning model! It's the kind of thing evergreen or plastruct should photograph for their sales literature.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After figuring out the measurement for this unit I cut out the four side. I then penciled in the lines, then using my scribing tool I scribed in the lines for the panels. I then cut out the holes for the handles and vent screens.

3229608045_31a149a8a7_o.jpg

3219150382_b0d20817c4_o.jpg

3218298627_54240057a2_o.jpg

3218298599_0a2f335f55_o.jpg

More to follow,

Joe

Edited by Helo_Dud
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I finally finished up the Patriot trailer and got on a first coat of NATO green. The NATO black and brown will follow once dry. After that just the small detail painting left like the lights and such. Now the hardest part is making up the 4 tires and rims…fingers crossed.

3269977245_332b33e678_o.jpg

3270798764_2b261e21a4_o.jpg

3270798840_fd82f4301f_o.jpg

To boot I'm working around a boo boo from my hobby knife while fixing my daughters pool stick.

3271113822_80868a8570_o.jpg

Joe

Edited by Helo_Dud