New project M983 HEMTT

Joe,

You are an unbelievable scratch builder.

That trailer is awesome!

When will we be seeing "Helo_Dud Industires" aftermarket accessories?

Sorry about the Boo-Boo.

Thanks for the pics and all of your inspiring builds.

Pete

Hi Joe,

Did the "war wound" allow any progress on this puppy over the weekend?

This is very inspirational to watch. I have always struggled to take an element of a build and break it down into its' components for scratch-building. I can see that you have no such problem.

Excellent stuff :salute:

:cheers:

Thanks man...and yes the wound has healed up, faster than I thought. I have made some progress, the camo paint is finished and most of the wire were in place. I took a break from it and started back on a scratched 5 ton gun truck. I'm going back to the trailer this weekend as I need to scratchbuild the tires and rims.

Happy Modeling,

Joe

Joe, my man how it going? It's been few days since I've been back and man I tell ya, your modeling skills they amaze me every time. The trailer is sure looking nice. I echo what Pete said "when will we see Helo Dude model industry?" Dude, you seriously got good skills and good taste of subjects. I would love to have this kit in this scale. Anyway, keep the photos coming my man. :)

Mike

• 8 months later...
Why don't you just make copies of the HEMTT wheels? Doesn't the trailer use the same wheels?

Nope, the trailer tires are smaller and have a totally different tread pattern.

greek%20Military%20Patriot%20Missile%20System.jpg

patriot-dvic450.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty

Hello Joe,

I think your Scratchbuilding is just simply BRILLIAIT.

The LAUNCHER frame is INCREDIBLY detailed and stunning to look at... :santa:

Have you gotten any further with this beautiful masterpiece ... :thumbsup:

HOLMES :whistle:

Edited by HOLMES

@ Kevin...yeah the tries are different, like what you would see on a semi truck (highway tires). I was able to get a set from a friend in 1/32. They worked out super.

I did finish it and made out pretty well in contests this year. I have to apologize, I was pretty sure I posted it finished. I stand corrected so here are some photos. I'm sorry about how the pictures came out as photography is still new to me.

2354468460095522739S600x600Q85.jpg

2090618970095522739S600x600Q85.jpg

2715875610095522739S600x600Q85.jpg

2941425260095522739S600x600Q85.jpg

2388498220095522739S600x600Q85.jpg

2145051260095522739S600x600Q85.jpg

2088530230095522739S600x600Q85.jpg

2548840860095522739S600x600Q85.jpg

As for awards,

(2) First Place awards

AMPS "Best Military Vehicle" award

ROCON "Master Modeler" award

2031655920095522739S600x600Q85.jpg

2954281590095522739S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by Helo_Dud

Thanks guys, I had a great time making her. My next project Mike will be the Army's new High Mobility Engineer Excavator (HMEE),†a.k.a. the “world’s fastest backhoe loader.†I have everything needed to start including measurements and specifications.

My biggest project for the build will be the tires, I'll have to scratchbuild in w/ rim then cast the four.

51-JCB-HMEE.jpg

I won't start cutting the plastic for this till the end of the holidays, not that far off...

Happy Modeling,

Joe

• 1 month later...

Thanks Ironhide, as I said I had a great time working on it, and I learned alot about it. I'm busy on many other scratchbuilding projects and conversions. Hope to finish one someday.

Do you have a link to your modeling projects!

Happy Modeling,

Joe

Edited by Helo_Dud

That's an awesome build! I really enjoy seeing people's HEMTT variants. That's one of the most impressive I've seen yet.

At some point, you should build Revell's old I am a spammer....please report this post. kits to put next to it. With those kits, that, too, will involve a great deal of work, though! :cop:

Thanks Ironhide, as I said I had a great time working on it, and I learned alot about it. I'm busy on many other scratchbuilding projects and conversions. Hope to finish one someday.

Do you have a link to your modeling projects!

Happy Modeling,

Joe

I'm not a scratch builder,so I'm afraid you would feel dull about my works :thumbsup: "".As I said I came by chance,so I didn't post anything here,but I do have several pieces in this following site:

http://www.imx365.net/bbs/thread-110380-1-1.html

http://www.imx365.net/bbs/thread-110240-1-1.html

http://www.imx365.net/bbs/thread-78666-1-1.html

This is a chinese modeling site ,many pretty good modelers there,and many green hands just like me,I'm not skilled enough to try any AFV model yet,but I'm interested in it,and I'll try some in the future~I've been recently working on some gundam modification projects,got a lot of things to learn from your work!

Edited by ironhide