F-14B " THIEF OF BAGHDAD "

Very nice job overall, but since this is "Critique Corner", there are some things that you've done wrong I'd like to point out.

1. Neither "The Thief of Bahgdad" or "Camel Smoker" had the square PTID screen in the RIO's pit. PTID didn't hit the fleet until a few years after.

2. I guess nobody really cares or people just don't listen, but I'll still say it anyway. The GBU-24 CAN NOT be loaded side by side in the tunnel. There's a fin clearnace issue and the weapon must be loaded staggared. Typically, most tomcats would have only carried one anyway. Also, GBU-24's weren't even around when the Thief or Camel Smoker was around.

3. The UHF antenna on the spine just behind the canopy needs to be replaced with the taller TACAN antenna.

4. And finally, (this is the most important statement). It's your model, build it the way you want.

Edited by VFA-103guy

Oishi,

Did you know that you have two of your #1 fans located all the way down here in Florida??!! Dude we love your stuff!!! You can really do em up right. This -14 is no expception. Please tell me you have or are going to start up a website of your builds and displays! What you did with the -47M and the -262 was mind-shattering!!!!

-Jim

Great model, I have it planned to do.

Please can you tell which Gunze colors did you use for the camo?

How did you do the chipped paint on the landing gear, dry brush?

Many thanks.

Edited by f12aaa

well, never see a pit paint like that, the amount of detail found in your pit is amazing.......you're terrible with a brush in your hands !!

you make your model the way i call the " spanish way of modelling"....mean you paint a plane like they make a figure ! with a mass of detail made by painting, making lines on a tube to give it " life"......as for example...

just a question about the colour used in the camo, what did you use for the darker tone, it looks pretty dark no ?

nice to see a Thief on its wheels.....still thinking at mine to do...

Pat

Beautiful job once again Oishi!!!

Excellent work all round, but as the other guys said, the Instrument panels are just simply superb.They are without a doubt probably the best I have seen.When I see the cockpit panels look that good, I can usually bet that I'll read that Colour PE was used, but I was so amazed to see that you had painted all that fantastic detail because you had used a resin pit. :lol:

Cheers,

Jeff.

That is absolutely the best 1/48 cockpit I think I've ever seen! That thing is amazing!!!! Great job.

If you want a little more feedback to add on what Marbrey said... I'm not sure what's going on with the pilot's IP. It looks like you have the A/B top half which is correct matched up with a D lower half...

But if you're happy, that's all that matters :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see what's next and if you need some decal sheets, I can probably hook you up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

-brian