F-14B " THIEF OF BAGHDAD "

Absolutely phenominal job on the cockpit, landing gear, and tailhook. They are the best I've seen. To something even close to that, I have to use Eduard's colored PE sets. Simply WOW!

The brown on the camo looks to be a bit dark, though. That's a small point, though. The overall finish looks a bit uniform. Maybe a bit of random lightening of colors might break that up.

Overall, an absolutely gorgeous build. I still can't get over the painting detail in the cockpit. I've always said that there precious few modelers who have the artistic ability to achieve that higher level of modeling. You are one of them!

Hi Oishi,

I've got to agree with what many others have already said,....that is probably the best paintwork on a cockpit tub I've seen in a long while. Absolutely splendid.

The overall paint job is beautifully rendered and there can be no criticism of the finish but are those the correct colours?

Somehow the cammo colours look a bit odd. This is in no way meant as a criticism, merely my own personal thought.

Perhaps it is the lighting?

Thanks for taking the time to post such lovely images. ;)

:worship:

Edited by geedubelyer
Did anyone else notice that the stencils in the landing gear bays are hand painted!!!!!!

What? Oh my goodness, that is incredible... Please do return at some point to talk a bit more about this awesome build.

Thanks,

JON

Wow....nothing short of amazing there! I saw your F-14A Black Knights build in the Gallery, all I can say is that it and this is Sierra Hotel! One other thing though, wouldn't the F-14B need to have a LANTIRN to drop LGB's? Just a critique, but as everybody mentioned, as long as you like it, its ALL good. Love that cockpit!

Great skill you've shown with the cockpit painting and landing gear/wheelwells. Restrained and effective paint chipping.

A grand result, inaccuracies notwithstanding.

I'm glad you posted this, an inspirational build.

Al :thumbsup:

Edited by Pruz

Thank you for your comments…

For the dark brown, I have limit of reference photos so it is slightly off.

Cockpit, I use brush paint for gauges, letters under magnifying glass. Those are Vallejo acrylic. Vallejo color is not too fast curing and the white color is outstanding!!

Once all are done it look lifelike.

Most of my works are brush paint and I am not prefer to drybrush

Thank you again

Oishi, that's a very good looking model, Warm congrats on a perfect job

I just feel the name is real bad. It should be named the Chocolate tomcat :)

it's exactly the colours of dark, milk and white chocolate.

Just a light joke that has nothing to do with the quality of your work

I'm in awe with those waves you did on the border between the grey and camo colours :D