Eduard's BF-110

Although I thought the cockpit was unnecessarily complicated, I really enjoyed this build. Not a perfect build but I'm pleased with the results.

I tried using mig pigments to get a rusty look to the exhausts (quickboost). They look a bit overdone in my opinion. I'm going to tone them down a bit when I add some exhaust staining.

Does anyone know what color the bombs should be? I would think they would be an rlm color but no rlm colors are specified.

The photoetch canopy framing for the front drop down windows are giving me fits. They keep popping off.

_MG_9635.jpg

_MG_9641.jpg

_MG_9642.jpg

_MG_9647.jpg

_MG_9638.jpg

_MG_9655.jpg

_MG_9645.jpg

Edited by Isaac

Isaac - that looks great. How did you do the pigments, exactly? I picked up a set of some Mig pigments but I haven't used them yet but I'm going to soon, and curious how you did it. Once you do some exhaust staining too I think the rust is going to look perfect. Great build and thanks for posting! :woot.gif:

JON

Isaac - that looks great. How did you do the pigments, exactly? I picked up a set of some Mig pigments but I haven't used them yet but I'm going to soon, and curious how you did it. Once you do some exhaust staining too I think the rust is going to look perfect. Great build and thanks for posting! ;)

JON

Hey Jon. Thanks for the comment.

I am not completely sure how to use the pigments. I was experimenting. I first painting the exhaust stacks tamiya nato black. Then I tried two types of mig pigments. Standard rust and I believe it was light rust. First I applied (with a brush) the light rust and then the standard. Its really easy to rub off with your fingers so I think I need to invest in Mig's pigment fixer. I'm thinking of dusting them with a little bit of soot (or is it smoke). Either way its black pigment.