Embedding youtube videos

I am glad this youtube subject came up. I have been having a problem with

youtube videos the past couple of weeks and wonder if anyone would know

what my problem is.

When I link to youtube I get a still photo and audio for the length of the video

but no video. Just a still picture. Any ideas??? :(

:rofl:

Jerry

• 2 years later...

so after a bit of messing around and looking at some other posts in the PAK-FA/T-50 pages..it turns out you CAN link to youtube videos.

when you are watching a youtube video..any video, it doesn't have to be your own..there are a few steps you need to take.

1)click on the "share" button just below the video

2)click on the "show options" link(in blue) beside the highlighted link

3)select "long link" option

4)copy the now longer link that is provided

5) add link to your message/reply

that will embed the video into your post!!!!

here is an example with my video:

you can't control the size of the video and I have no idea how it will affect dial-up..but it shouldn't be bad as it only loads if you click on it.

Sean

Edited by martin_sam_2000

so after a bit of messing around and looking at some other posts in the PAK-FA/T-50 pages..it turns out you CAN link to youtube videos.

when you are watching a youtube video..any video, it doesn't have to be your own..there are a few steps you need to take.

1)click on the "share" button just below the video

2)click on the "show options" link(in blue) beside the highlighted link

3)select "long link" option

4)copy the now longer link that is provided

5) add link to your message/reply

that will embed the video into your post!!!!

here is an example with my video:

you can't control the size of the video and I have no idea how it will affect dial-up..but it shouldn't be bad as it only loads if you click on it.

Sean

Sean

Well that has cleared ONE MYSTERY for ME.....I alwasy wondered how the guys did that...Thanks for the quick easy tutorial

HOLMES :thumbsup:

test, I copied the url in the browser and posted it straight to the page, it's a bit easier.

Curt

Edited by Netz
  • 2 months later...

Never mind, I have no idea what's goin on here. Having trouble getting the video to show up as a video and not an external link. Every time I try to post it not working, it works. So I give up.

Edited by blunce

Never mind, I have no idea what's goin on here. Having trouble getting the video to show up as a video and not an external link. Every time I try to post it not working, it works. So I give up.

well I watched a short video on scribing with a pencil and pencil sharpner on the link you posted... !

Blunce this one is blocked by EMI for copyright reasons it says when you click on it. :bandhead2:

Blunce this one is blocked by EMI for copyright reasons it says when you click on it. :bandhead2:

Maybe due to your location? It works fine here. The issue was that sometimes within the post I would get just an external link, and sometimes I would get the video embedded within the post. I've not been able to figure out why. But alas, it is working. I find it weird that it would be blocked as it contains no copyrighted materials AFAIK.