Su-33/35/37 conversion set

Hi guys,

I'm planning to build a pair of Sukhoi: Su-30 and Su-33/35/37.

I have already bought two kit from Academy , the scale is 1/48.

But I'm having some problems with finding their conversion kit and the missile R-77, I can only find the conversion kit from Sol

but

I can't find any places I can get them. I go to all hobby shop around Madison and they didn't have those kits.

I go to Sol webpage and use the place order but it's been several days and I havent received news from them.

Can you help me to find a place that sell those stuffs?

Thanks a lot.

An

To be honest, while the sets look great in the box, the fit is bad. Because of mold shrinkage, the canard shoulders don't fit well with the Academy fuselage. That great detail gets messed up when you have to sand and fill the parts to get them to mate up.

These are sets that people really want, but few have ever actually used, I think.

I think your best bet would be getting 3 view plans blowing them up to 1/48 and scratchbuilding them yourself. just like dave says the fit on your version can't be mush worse and it will definitely be cheaper. Ken Duffy is our resident Flanker Expert and he can help you more im betting but in the mean time here is his website and Welcome aboard!

http://www.lindenhillimports.com/flankers.htm

He does some 1/72 scale conversion but the same will work for any scale :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

I'm planning to build a pair of Sukhoi: Su-30 and Su-33/35/37.

I have already bought two kit from Academy , the scale is 1/48.

But I'm having some problems with finding their conversion kit and the missile R-77, I can only find the conversion kit from Sol

but

I can't find any places I can get them. I go to all hobby shop around Madison and they didn't have those kits.

I go to Sol webpage and use the place order but it's been several days and I havent received news from them.

Can you help me to find a place that sell those stuffs?

Thanks a lot.

An

EOL on the Rue de Louvre Paris (France) has a set of R77's. I saw them there yesterday.