Printable modern aircraft carrier deck section

Hi!

I just toyed around a little bit with Illustrator and Photoshop to make a diorama base for my models.

I want to share this with you, so you can download it, if you want. Please tell me what you think.

If you print it out on A3, then it is scaled for 1/48

The Image here is a small preview picture.

Deck.jpg

Here's the link to the high-res version:

http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a9525719/images/Deck_hires.jpg

Greetings,

Markus

Edited by delayar

That will come in VERY handy. Another Idea you might want to consider is to make this base with only the black non-skid and tie-downs, but without the stripes. That way, a diorama-maker ("dioramist?") could move the lines around a little to represent another place on the ship, or even in the hangar deck, using their own editing program.

If anyone wanted to do a tarmac base, that would be terrific, too.

I always wanted to scan those model-box bases that Monogram did a few years ago. They had a carrier deck printed on the back of the Navy planes, and a tarmac for the Air Force planes. ( I think the cars had a street base)

Edited by RedHeadKevin
Another Idea you might want to consider is to make this base with only the black non-skid and tie-downs, but without the stripes. That way, a diorama-maker ("dioramist?") could move the lines around a little to represent another place on the ship, or even in the hangar deck, using their own editing program.

If anyone wanted to do a tarmac base, that would be terrific, too.

Maybe I try a tarmac base, but I don't know when.

For the carrier base without markings: this is no problem at all. I still have the multi-layer file, so all I need to do is to delete the layer with the markings and flatten the image. Maybe I'll write a tutorial tomorrow.... It is not really difficult.

Greetimgs

Markus

• 2 weeks later...
so are your still going to share with us the tutorials on how to make this? :bandhead2:

I will, but I don't have much time at the moment, and also no access to an english version of Photoshop.

I will make a tutorial in the second half of January.

For a plain Version without Tie-Downs: Write me a PM...

Markus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...