2008 is quickly coming to an end. Although I'm still working on my big Concorde, the chances of it getting finished before Dec 31st is slim (with the holiday craziness and all). So I suppose I'll leave it off the list of 2008 output for now and revise it if it manages to sneek in.

This year has been a very good year for me modeling wise. I finished 6 models (a record for me); built my first prop plane, first chopper and first airliner (the Concorde); entered my first "real" contest; won my first medals; and padded my stash with even more some gigantic 1/32 kits and 1/72 heavies. Oh and I only abandoned/wasted one project - a 1/32 Tomcat.

I've moved most of my models to the LHS as we prepare to pack and move to a new apartment early next year. So here are the pictures of my finished models of 2008, in chronological order:

Hasegawa 1/48 F-16a, BB cockpit, Aires wheel wells, Aires Exhaust, Eagle Strike decals.

picture008.jpg

Amodel 1/72 Sukhoi Sotka.

sotka003.jpg

AMT 1/72 XB-35 Flying Wing bomber.

wingsotka.jpg

Academy 1/48 CH-53E, MAW decals.

stallion6.jpg

Hasegawa 1/48 F-104DJ, BB Deluxe set, Aires wheel bays, Aires exhaust, Eduard PE. (silver medal AJAX, 1/48 jet category)

zipper3.jpg

Hasegawa 1/48 "Hi-grade" Phantom FG1, Quickboost seats.

phantomfg1_8.jpg

An impulse, but very worthwhile, purchase: 36 inch Flanker print from Zactomodels.

zactoflankerprint1.jpg

Thank you for looking. I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday!

Cheers,

Terry

Considering the eclectic mix and size of kits you've chosen, that's a pretty productive year Terry. :thumbsup:

Lovely models all but if I had to choose a favourite, I'd go with the CH-53E. You really nailed that sucker :cheers: Top job.

I look forward to seeing what '09 brings after reading the thread on your recent purchases from the Far East.

Thanks for reminding me of all of these terrific builds.

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...