48th scale O-2 skymaster

I have the 1/48 scale O2-A Skymaster in a Heller boxing somewhere in my stash. I'm pretty sure that I have never even opened the box. I suspect it is the same thing as the Testors kit. Does anybody care to enlighten me? And some comments about the pros and cons of the kit would be appreciated

I would be interested in decals for this plane.

Michael

I have the 1/48 scale O2-A Skymaster in a Heller boxing somewhere in my stash. I'm pretty sure that I have never even opened the box. I suspect it is the same thing as the Testors kit. Does anybody care to enlighten me? And some comments about the pros and cons of the kit would be appreciated

I would be interested in decals for this plane.

Michael

Hello,

the Heller-and the Testors kit are definitely not from the same tool.I have both.I prefer the Testors version,it`s scale 1:48,the Heller kit is 1:50.

Peter

Hello,

the Heller-and the Testors kit are definitely not from the same tool.I have both.I prefer the Testors version,it`s scale 1:48,the Heller kit is 1:50.

Peter

Danke für die Info, Peter.

Would you care to give some further details on the Heller kit? Given the odd scale it is a very old kit isn't it?

I think I have to get the Testors kit too then, because I really like the skymaster.

Michael

Danke für die Info, Peter.

Would you care to give some further details on the Heller kit? Given the odd scale it is a very old kit isn't it?

I think I have to get the Testors kit too then, because I really like the skymaster.

Michael

Actually, the Testors kit is much older than the Heller kit. The Testors kit was originally released by Hawk, some time (IIRC) in the mid-late 1960s. The Heller kit (again, IIRC) came out in the early-mid 1970s. At one time, Hawk released the kit with a prepainted "chrome" finish.