F16I Sufa, whats needed?

Hi,

I'm planning build a 1/48 F16I Sufa in the New Year and was wondering what all I need. I have the Hasegawa F16DJ on order and was planning on using the Isracast Sufa conversion. Do I still need to use the Aires F16D cockpit to bring it up to date as I notice that there is Consoles in the Isracast set. What about the exhaust are the ones in the kit suitable. The weapons and drop tanks I already know about and can get these ordered closer to time.

Thanks for any help

Scott

Hi,

I'm planning build a 1/48 F16I Sufa in the New Year and was wondering what all I need. I have the Hasegawa F16DJ on order and was planning on using the Isracast Sufa conversion. Do I still need to use the Aires F16D cockpit to bring it up to date as I notice that there is Consoles in the Isracast set. What about the exhaust are the ones in the kit suitable. The weapons and drop tanks I already know about and can get these ordered closer to time.

Thanks for any help

Scott

The Sufa has the small intake and the P&W exhaust. Those should be in the DJ kit, along with the big mouth intake and the GE engine.

Do I still need to use the Aires F16D cockpit to bring it up to date as I notice that there is Consoles in the Isracast set.

Scott,

If I'm not mistaking the main IP's aren't correct, they represent a block25 Delta.

I recommend an Aires pit, for mine future Sufa build I ordered a block 40/50 BlackBox pit but I decided to use the Aires insted. Much nicer detail.

Remy..

Edited by Viper01

The Isracast resin conversion kit comes with an intake so would obviously use that one rather than the Hasegawa ones. The conversion also comes with IP's so these would again replace the kit ones. Suppose I would just be as well to replace the whole cockpit with the Aires one and be done with it. Is there any good resin exhausts out there, and is there an issue with the undercarriage being bigger or would this already be covered with the DJ kit?

Scott

Just been searching the net for exhausts and the only one that keeps coming up is the Aires 4133 which is a Pratt and Whitney version for the A/B models probably a F100-220 maybe even a 200 version. Would this suffice for a 229 if the feathers where Carbon fibred or is there more differences between them?

Scott

Hi,

Thanks for any help

Scott

I think Kinetic has a F-16i coming next year. Even with an Aires update to that kit it would be a considerable savings over the Isracast conversion. Nice but pricey.

joe.