Why the RM A-10 is better than the rest...

Yeah I saw those two pics on AF.mil the other day... REALLY nice pic...

question though (I don't know anything about Hogs): What's that "T" looking-like thing on the back? some kind of antenna?

The modeller who built this ones is not very skilled: he forgot to sand the seams down! :woot.gif:

Edited by squezzer
Yeah I saw those two pics on AF.mil the other day... REALLY nice pic...

question though (I don't know anything about Hogs): What's that "T" looking-like thing on the back? some kind of antenna?

Thats the SST Pull strip to make it pop wheelies...

William G

Arrrgh! There is pretty much no way to get those panel lines scribed without deleting the raised rivets! I mean I am looking at it right now and there is nooooo way! You could scribe some of them but not all. The hunt for the perfect A-10 is not over!

Thats the SST Pull strip to make it pop wheelies...

William G

Wow, does THAT bring back memories! For even more nostalgia, click here. (link is guaranteed RickRoll-free). It's funny how the sound of those things really takes you back to somewhere in the mid-70s, in the driveway with a brick-and-plywood ramp, racing one of these puppies against Evel Knievel's motorcycle. Those were the days......

Wow, does THAT bring back memories! For even more nostalgia, click here. (link is guaranteed RickRoll-free). It's funny how the sound of those things really takes you back to somewhere in the mid-70s, in the driveway with a brick-and-plywood ramp, racing one of these puppies against Evel Knievel's motorcycle. Those were the days......

Same here Steve.

I loved my SST, and you're right, seeing that commercial and hearing that sound sure brought back some great memories.

I showed my 10 year old son the commercial and he thought it was lame. The XBox generation... :D

holy smokes, I feel old :D

how about the smash up derby

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/3649/

The A-10 was also prone to bird strikes.....from the rear......

I heard that back in the late 70's, the Navy was looking to buy and convert some A-10's as CAS planes to operate from carriers, but they cancelled the program when they were having problems modifying the Hawgs for landing on the ships. Turns out the A-10's couldn't catch up to the carriers...