okay fess up fellas..... who got a helicopter kit for Christmas?

This was mine to me lol lol..http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/8996/8996508_ra.jpg

Just came back with mine. As a Christmas present to myself I finally got an Insignia 50" Plasma HD for a great price, $1299. Pearl Harbor might actually be decent movie now or at least part of it. LOL

Floyd

I got two Super Stallions, four Sea Knights, two Super Cobras, three Ka-27s, and a Seahawk this Christmas...

...in 1/700 scale. :pray:

(On the box it says "LHA-1 Tarawa" for the first three types; "Kirov", "Frunze" and "Kalinin" for the next one; and "Kang Ding" for the last. I've also got about a dozen helicopters in the same scale left to build from the kits I already had...)

SP

What a great Christmas this has been. Me and the wife got a I am a spammer....please report this post. 46" plasma (1080 yay!) a couple weeks ago, so she absolutely shocked me with a Bluray player. If you don't have one.......WOW! Unbelievable how good movies look in 1080. Saitek pro flightyoke/throttle for FSX too.

As for models, I got two Revell 1/32 Jetrangers. My wife really came through for me this year. If I suggested a gift idea, and she couldn't get it, she passed it on to the rest of the family. It worked.

Couple more kits should be on the way to me soon too. I am blessed, I hope the rest of you are as well.

Nope, no kits for me this year either. Did get a nice FL Gators blanket made by my daughters though :thumbsup: Go Gators!!!!

When did this kit (Dragon UH-1N) come out? Is it the same as the Panda kit?

It came out earlier this year. It is a rebox of the Panda kit, with all its flaws. It has a new weapons set of the M93 minigun mounts and M200 19-shot rocket pods (a setup not used by the USMC) and the same PE as in the UH-1D/H kit. The PE instrument panel is for a D or H model too, so its not right either. It can be made into a nice UH-1N with some TLC and using the Cobra Company USMC Fleet Upgrades and USMC Weapons sets though.

Edited by HeavyArty
All I got was a rock.

ha ha you know thats funny..... 2006 christmas I told my daughter she was going to get a rock because she had been a brat all year and sure enough, first present she opened was a great big rock! lol hahahah :thumbsup:

bon

No rotary-wing, but I did get the Hobbyboss LAV-150 with the 90mm cannon and the Trumpeter VRC-105 Centauro as gifts, and with the cash received, I've ordered the AFV Club M1128 Stryker MGS and the Dragon M3 75mm Gun Motor Carriage.

Now, if someone had a UH-1Y and AH-1Z in either 1/35 or 1/48 scale, that's where my money would have gone...maybe next year.

a 1/48 Hase UH-3H Sea King that I will be converting to a Royal Navy Sea King HAS 5/6

Will you do a building report? Pleeeeeaaaaase! :woot.gif:

I got myself some pe parts for a H-34 - should arrive every minute.

My plans for the next weeks/months:

- 1/72 Sea King Mk.41

- 1/72 Sea King HAR5

- 1/72 H-34 G.III

- 1/72 H-21 Shawnee

Not really Christmas presents, but I bought them from money I got from my aunt and uncle,so...

2x NH90 TTH in 1/72 by RoG

2x Tiger UHT/Tigre HAP in 1/72 by RoG

One each of those will be bashed to form the AH90 Battlefield Transport Helicopter:

ah90.jpg

+1...I have some Mi-26's on order and some point they might make across the pond. Plus other plastic pre and post Xmas.

Yea, they have made it and should see it next week.