Well here's my recently finished this M113A2 from some where in Iraq in 2003/2004. I used the Academy M113A2 along with the Tamiya US Modern Equipment set as well as various other bits and bobs.

P1080023-Copy.jpg

P1080021.jpg

P1080031.jpg

P1080033.jpg

P1080030.jpg

P1080037.jpg

P1080042.jpg

Thanks for looking

Tom

Thanks guys,

John, I ended up using the Tamiya weathering sets, the one with the sand and the other one with the rust. Its a real easy and quickish way to put on some decent looking weathering for someone like me who not very good at it!

Tom

Looks pretty good. A couple things though. The smoke grenade launchers and their guards are upside down. The wider part should go up. The exhaust stack is an A1 version. The A2 version is in the kit, it is the shorter stack with a flapper cover and the square guard that goes around it. Also, most (all I saw) 3 ID tracks that had the storage baskets, only 2 BDE 3 ID had them, had them on both sides. Track connections look pretty bad. You could rotate the track so they are hidden behind the skirts. Lastly, you really have an M113A3, but w/o all the added A3 parts. Academy and Tamiya have it wrong in their kits. The external fuel cells are only used on A3s. A2s still have internal fuel cells with small rear fenders. The A3 has lots of other external modifications, such as added armor plates to the front glacis, larger hinges on the rear, an extended tow pintle, etc. Check out Pawel's great M113A3 conversion to see what I mean. You need to paint the headlights too, clear on the outer ones and black (they are actually a very dark violet for IR lights) on the inner ones. A good effort, just needs some details and corrections tweaked and it will be great.

Thanks for the info Heavyarty

I actually ended up nicking the storage basket from the Dragon M1A1, although its not quite right, it's all I had and unfortunatly I only had the one basket to use. I knew when I was building it wasnt going to be accurate in that sense.

As for the other mods, they're really helpful. Thing such as the exhuast seem so obvious now you point them out. Hopefully I can find the right peices to make the all the changes.

Tom