F-16B twin seater, Belgian Air Force, 1:72 Revell

"Hello, Hello, I'm Back Again"...

... with a Revell F-16 in 1:72. It's the Belgian version (Here you can see some pictures of the real Belgian F-16). As I build models very slowly, this model took me about one and a half year to complete.

I built the F-16 in flight as you can see on the pictures. The model is equipped with lights, which are made of fiberglass (from an old Mac Powerbook - I think that was the only broken-down Mac product I've ever seen). The stick that holds the model is hollow so it can enclose the fiberglass which ends under the base, where an LED lights the wires. The base includes also some lights (LEDs).

A special thanks goes to Dän (in this forum "mois") who airbrushed big parts of my model!

Picture 1 (the stick which holds the model was removed with Photoshop)

89540882zs2.jpg

Picture 2

84711979ff7.jpg

Picture 3 (the stick which holds the model was removed with Photoshop)

63376654rn1.jpg

Picture 4

23237449lh1.jpg

Picture 5

97853944zk9.jpg

Picture 6

16546822wb4.jpg

Picture 7

31543283ol6.jpg

Picture 8

56785271qv3.jpg

Picture 9

24368668hu0.jpg

Picture 10 Bottom of the base

10py4.jpg

I'm looking forward to comments etc.!

Happy new year...!

:thumbsup:

dave

The actual build is spot on, however the runway lighting layout is completely wrong. The runway sidelights should be white. Green indicate the runway threshold(start of usable runway) and red are used in the stop bar(end of usable runway) both of which run across the width of the runway. The centre line lights are White except for the last 3000ft of runway when they alternate Red/White and are completely Red for the last 1000ft.

Edited by scotthldr

hi Dave

nice to see your pictures. you finally made it to the finish line, took you quite long didn't it? :P It looks great on the fotos but even better in reality. I'm really stunned that all those wired we hooked up really light up the LED's. And I'm glad I could help you with my airbrush. If you need to paint your next model, you know who to call.. :deadhorse1: Also flutschige rutsch und machs guet.

Daniel

Thank you for commenting on my model!

The actual build is spot on, however the runway lighting layout is completely wrong. The runway sidelights should be white. Green indicate the runway threshold(start of usable runway) and red are used in the stop bar(end of usable runway) both of which run across the width of the runway. The centre line lights are White except for the last 3000ft of runway when they alternate Red/White and are completely Red for the last 1000ft.

Yes that's of course true. I've once made little research on that but in the end I decided to use colorful and unfortunately inaccurate light colors... sorry for all who noticed this mistake...:lol:

hi Dave

nice to see your pictures. you finally made it to the finish line, took you quite long didn't it? :P It looks great on the fotos but even better in reality. I'm really stunned that all those wired we hooked up really light up the LED's. And I'm glad I could help you with my airbrush. If you need to paint your next model, you know who to call.. :rofl: Also flutschige rutsch und machs guet.

Daniel

Thanks... maybe not in the next months but surely someday in the next years...:P

:(

dave