Chengdu F-7IIN Trumpeter 1/32

Dear all,

This is my last. My only one for 2008.I started it in march 2005 but as always AMS syndrome took me and job issues delayed the build !

This is trumpeter 1/32 Chengdu F-7 model build to represent the Chengdu F-7IIN # 711 of the CO of 5 sqn at Tornhill Ab, Flt Lt Mike Enslin.

On nose is personal insigna of M.Enslin .Plane is camouflaged and shown as in mid-2003 after overhaul and paint so plane is rather clean .

Mike Enslin , now residing and flying in Australia on Hawks , and a Chinese gentleman of Chinese Defence forum called Xinhui were of invaluable assistance providing infos on details or colors . A mot of thanks to both :worship: .

Through this project I also discovered Chinese AF , very interesting.

The Trumpeter is a very nice kit easy to build that only deserves some detailling , in this case:

- brass pitot probe

- modified nose cone (to much conic in the Kit)

- full cockpit with Eduard Mig 21 F-13 photoetch. The Chengdu f-7IIN cocpit is very similar to the MIG 21 F13 except for some instruments.

- canopy details

- scratch build ejection seat HTY 1 ( a modified soviet SK-1) with parachute pack. The one of the model is a cariacature.

- Modified wheel wells (WW) .Those if the kit are based on later versions of the Mig 21 and not correct.They should be like those of Mig 21 F-13

- oxygen bottles in WW corrected

- detailed parachute fairing on base of tail and engine exhaust

- additional wing pylons with PL-7 missiles

- no IFF antenas on this plane

- custom made decals by my good old friend Aidan owen , the initiator of the project. Thanks a lot Aidan :thumbsup: .

- accurate painting scheme provided by Mike and Aidan .

- corrected panel near nose cone (to much forward on kit)

Hope you like it.

Happy New year to all ARC'ers :santa:

ChengduF-7IINZIM2.jpg

ChengduF-7IINZIM.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

great model Glidingbob , I am taking note to built the same model using the venerable Bilek kit of the mig-21 F13 (plus some scrachtbuilt) and the berna decal set.  My cuestion to you is about what colours did you use ?, looks like white and gunship gray ??.  any extra information will be welcomed. or better the work in progress post.

regards