My cat Sammy is usually a really great, affectionate ball of fur that we love having around the house. Tonight, however, he's tops on my $hit list. My wife and I were just sittin on the couch, watching TV, when we heard the crash. I ran down to the man cave to find him up on the ledge by the window and my empty spare parts chest (you know, the jewelry/hardware cabinets with all of the little drawers?) sitting on top of my UH-60A and AH-64A.

The -60's almost a complete writeoff. Main and tail rotors are gone, main gear are crushed, interior seats and PE are completely crushed. Its a mess. The -64 is salvageable. I've repaired most of the damage, but the left main is crushed and there's a section of the oleo missing.

:thumbsup:

Jon

:thumbsup: That just sucks @#@ on so many levels.

The only animal allowed in a "mancave", is a dead one... :doh:

BUT, the New Years is days away, worry about it later!

Have a beer, relax, give the better half a kiss...

and skin the cat tomorrow! B)

Andy.

Happy New Year

The Apache's mostly salvaged and I did find the missing part of the Oleo. The 60's another story. I've got a pile of -60s though. If this one dies, there are five others to take its place.

Unfortunately there's no door to the man cave. It is just open basement. Most of the display space is either behind glass or blocked off to feline access. The workshop is over by the window and the ledge in front of the window has a ton of stuff on it so they can't get up there. Somehow, he managed to get his grubby little paws onto some clear space and inadvertently knocked the parts bin onto the drafting table with my in-progress builds below.

Of course, I can't stay mad at him. Crawled into bed and sure enough, he came running over, hopped up on the bed and curled up on my chest like he does every night. I stayed up there for a bit and then came back down here to do some work that was bouncing around in my head, so I figured I'd see what was up on here....

Jon

Can't blame a cat for doing what comes instinctionally

Hmmm... looks like we've found a new word.

Instinctionally: from the English extinction and instinctually. Def: the use of one's instincts resulting in the demise of a species. Usage: If the lemmings keep instinctionally jumping off of that cliff there won't be any more of them.

Apropos considering the situation. If Sammy continues to do things like this, he may just end up extinct!

Edited by Cobrahistorian

I had a cat walk across the top of five feet of model planes. She steped rite in the middle of each one snapping off the gear as she went. When I yelled at her she got startled and in a panic she threw a few to the floor. It was a bad day for me and my cat got to enjoy the thrill of flight. I still have that cat and she still wants to walk on my work bench, but now my models are hanging or on individual shelves. One good thing to come from that is my spare parts stash is huge even five years later. Now if you want to talk about smashed models....How about TMO!

Curt

I :thumbsup:my cat

That is a cool, mean looking moggie. We have one round here looks very similar, and can tell when it's being admired from fifty yards away even with double glazing. Has luminous yellow eyes, sleeps in a covered space in my rose bed (maybe is too literal?) routinely humiliates the stupid local dogs, uses the roof spines of the street as a transit system. We call it the Stealth Cat.

Jon, if wide open maybe you could perhaps police your cave with one of those ultrasonic woojits? I have one in the front garden and it covers a 90-degree ARC of fire for about twenty foot radius. Definitely moves cats & dogs on, has the added (bonus?) effect of also doing this for teenagers and small children. Would that be a disadvantage, for the small, curious but accident-prone variety?

Patrick

Cats are pretty smart critters, but we are smerter and speel beter than thum!!!

I have a greenhouse window in my bathroom and they love to go up there (easy jump for all but the fat one!!), but when I pull down the roller blind they are stopped, these two haven't figured how to get around it! Maybe that is an option since you have no door put a blind roll it down when exiting the cave and voila no temptation for instinction!

Us modellers can live with cats we just have to out think them. :woot.gif:

Can they read e-mails???? :)

Cats are pretty smart critters, but we are smerter and speel beter than thum!!!

I have a greenhouse window in my bathroom and they love to go up there (easy jump for all but the fat one!!), but when I pull down the roller blind they are stopped, these two haven't figured how to get around it! Maybe that is an option since you have no door put a blind roll it down when exiting the cave and voila no temptation for instinction!

Us modellers can live with cats we just have to out think them. :woot.gif:

Can they read e-mails???? :)

Speaking of smart cats...

Anyone heard of the greatest cat of all time: SCRATCH FURY, DESTROYER OF WORLDS!

http://www.pvponline.com/2008/09/05/thats-all-he-can-stands/

http://www.pvponline.com/2008/09/10/candles-in-the-dark/

PvP: Best. Webcomic. Ever.

well in my apartment we are not allow to have pets... but looks what happened to me like on march this year

my grand mother came to visit us, nice and i love her very much BUT.. i was doing a 1/35 UH-1C

i have a sofa next to my workplace and sometime i put parts on it... well i had the Huey there wile i was looking for some parts

and grandma came and !!CRASH!! that was the sound that Huey when she sited over it :doh: !

i try to save it but i couldn't.. :)

Good week everyone.

I'm an allround animal person myself - I love cats, dogs, rodents, reptiles, amphibians and birds, you name it, as long as it has less than six legs. I also know my limitations, which has made me decide never to get a pet of my own. Other people's pets are enough for me, they can handle the care and feeding and cleaning up, I'll make do with the hugging and petting and feeding them illicit treats...

One of these days they'll breed a dog that'll pick up after itself, buy its own food and take me out for walks... or a cat. I mean, you all know who's the real owner in a cat/human relationship, right?

SP

My cat Sammy is usually a really great, affectionate ball of fur that we love having around the house. Tonight, however, he's tops on my $hit list. My wife and I were just sittin on the couch, watching TV, when we heard the crash. I ran down to the man cave to find him up on the ledge by the window and my empty spare parts chest (you know, the jewelry/hardware cabinets with all of the little drawers?) sitting on top of my UH-60A and AH-64A.

The -60's almost a complete writeoff. Main and tail rotors are gone, main gear are crushed, interior seats and PE are completely crushed. Its a mess. The -64 is salvageable. I've repaired most of the damage, but the left main is crushed and there's a section of the oleo missing.

:)

Jon

The key is a water spray bottle that gets used on every trip to the workbench by dear ole Sammy! My critter doesn't venture onto the workspace any more, and just the sight of me moving towards the water bottle stops bad behavior!

Numerous cats, free run of the house, including the modelling den. I've had some minor issues, but have never lost anything as a result of their actions.

Like everything else, it just comes down to proper training. They know not to mess with my stuff, and in return I feed them!

Numerous cats, free run of the house, including the modelling den. I've had some minor issues, but have never lost anything as a result of their actions.

Like everything else, it just comes down to proper training. They know not to mess with my stuff, and in return I feed them!

Agreed with the above. It's proper training and knowing the limits. I generally keep the more obnoxious cats out of my room, but some are welcome provided certain conditions. The only big problem I've had with cats is their hair.

Dogs, on the other hand, present their own vices. Too noisy, smelly and obnoxious in my view. I'll stick with cats and fowl, thanks.

Huumm................... Me to, I'll feed them to my dog!