Trash hauler GB entries

Something I'll bet no one else is thinking of, a Hobby craft 1/48 scale CC-123 Otter. circa 1975, 400 squadron out of CFB Downsview. (Toronto)

Now, I just need to decide which to use, wheels or floats?

And then of course, decals......Should have the right stuff in the spare bin.

Edited by phantom
Just to be clear, are WW2 cargo gliders ok for this build?

Steve (who has his first subject picked out pending the answer back he gets :beer4:)

Tow aircraft like the C-47 are a go, look forward to seeing the build.

This one is actually on the other end of the rope. It's a C47, that was converted into a cargo glider. Two were built....they were actually a very good performer, but by the time they were done with trials, the need for it had passed.

More then you probably ever wanted to know about this conversion can be found at this link.

http://www.silentwingsmuseum.com/images/We...rs_Pics.doc.pdf

This one is actually on the other end of the rope. It's a C47, that was converted into a cargo glider. Two were built....they were actually a very good performer, but by the time they were done with trials, the need for it had passed.

More then you probably ever wanted to know about this conversion can be found at this link.

http://www.silentwingsmuseum.com/images/We...rs_Pics.doc.pdf

Interesting read. Imagine the "sky freight train" of four or five of these being towed. It would have been a sight to see, too bad it never happened. thanks for the link.

Curt

I've been waiting for this one. I would like to do a US-3A Viking COD. Hasegawa 1/72, just to get the old modeling juices back on track. I t will be great to start, build and FINISH a model. This GB has a lot of variety for me. I have a bunch of Trash Haulers in the stash. Don M.

Dave, I hope to build one of the RAAF's C-17 in 1/144 (if it ever arrives) but I'd also like to know, I have a C130E that is built but I intend to strip it right back to components and re-do again. Will this be acceptable?

Regards

Andrew

I will accept a mulligan, sounds good on the C-130