P-51D with Ram Jets

Looking very good! I'm looking forward to seeing more! Everything look's great, dont think you need any more help to make better models. The cockpit and wheel wells look great, love the details.

What paint did you use to get that finnish? I'm really curious about the paint, more details as far as your methods, please.

Edited by B-17 guy
Looking very good! I'm looking forward to seeing more! Everything look's great, dont think you need any more help to make better models. The cockpit and wheel wells look great, love the details.

What paint did you use to get that finnish? I'm really curious about the paint, more details as far as your methods, please.

The wings are just pre-shaded with black, then sprayed with Tamiya Aluminium (which needs another coat). The bare metal was done using ALCLAD II Chrome over a gloss black enamel. The only thing with ALCLAD is that it will show up any imperfections, so i had to do an absolute ton of filling and sanding before i applied the black undercoat.

Mat

Man I was really hoping you wouldnt say alclad! I'm so afraid of using it, read to many horror stories about it, but I've some really good results. I'm so used to doing OD/NG cammo, I'd like to try my hand at a really good NMF but I want to find an easy way that I weather over with out having to worry about wiping off the NMF.

Keep the pics coming, I like what you got going and want to see more! She look's great!

Man I was really hoping you wouldnt say alclad! I'm so afraid of using it, read to many horror stories about it, but I've some really good results. I'm so used to doing OD/NG cammo, I'd like to try my hand at a really good NMF but I want to find an easy way that I weather over with out having to worry about wiping off the NMF.

Keep the pics coming, I like what you got going and want to see more! She look's great!

I have a sacrificial old 1/32 Zero that I use when I want to try a new paint technique. Might be an idea for you to build up your confidence...

-Al