Aaargh! 1:72 Italeri Griffon vent

I have built the same kit as Felix (though mine is the DHFS version- http://www.scale-rotors.com/gallery/utilit...-griffin-revell ). One way to deal with the fitting of the engine housing is to fit and glue the halves to their respective fuselage halves before joining the fuselage together. You'll get a better engine cover-to-fuselage fit that way instead of going by the instructions in that area.

HTH,

Alby

I guess most of the fitting problems are caused by the modeler himself by missing to adjust and dry-fit appropriately beforehand.

Or you got a very bad "monday-kit"

Dude

Just an FYI .. you slammed one of Canada's better modelers, a guy who can scratch build a damn sight better than you can probably build a Tamiya kit ......

:popcorn:

BTW, Jim, I have LOTS and LOTS of CH-146 ref shots if you need them

Tom

I guess most of the fitting problems are caused by the modeler himself by missing to adjust and dry-fit appropriately beforehand.

Or you got a very bad "monday-kit"

Hey, thanks for the lesson Junior, I was building crappy fitting Monogram kits before you were even born. What is this 'adjusting and dry-fitting' you speak of? ;) Not that it's a big deal, just wondering if it had been encountered before. Just another typical (sh)Italeri kit. Kudos to you Guys who built them.

Anyhoo, some filler will be required after said adjusting/dryfitting/sanding/filing/shimming/cursing:

IMG_3339s.jpg

Jim

Uh oh...

I recently picked up the N, haven't taken more than a gander inside, but that's the worst gap that I've personally seen in an Italeri kit. I'm just thankful that their hueys (unlike their blackhawks) have recessed panel lines...

Take care,

Austin

P.S. you might want to try and fill some of those gaps with strip styrene vs putty. I had a few larger gaps on RoG's reboxing of Italeri's AH-1W and strip styrene has worked very well.

I've built the kit some time ago. I takes a bit of fiddling, but I put it together with no putty or extra strip stock. I would point out the kit needs some nose weight. Also some care in fitting the interior so at the side doors there is minimal gap.

DSCN2135.jpg

DSCN2134.jpg

DSCN2136.jpg

regards,

Tony

Sorry for offending you, Jim

but you see, it is possible, that's why I included the possibility that you might have one of the worst sprues ever packed for this kit series.

But I wonder why you're disappointed in this way if you have this amount of long-time expirience in building "crappy fitting Monogram- Kits" and (as said) in scratchbuilding.

What was the way you worked on this section? As the instruction sheet suggested it or the way Alby described it?

I'm sure that you've done dry fitting trials before, so what should I explain it to you?

If it's unclear what I mean with "adjust" (excuse me, I'm not a native speaker): To remove some material here or to add some styrene there if necessary to optimise the fit and to minimize the amount of filler ....

EDIT: But to answer your question: As I built the 212/ UH-1N some time before the 412, the fit of the engine section was worse than the 412, so you' re right

Edited by troschi