f15 c eagle

hi ive only bin modelling now for about 6 month and im really getting addicted when im not modelling or reading mod mags im thinking about modelling sometimes i even dream about what im going to do, would you say im becomming obsessive or is that what its like in the beginging. ive equipt myself with the tools and air brush and i tell u its not that cheap to get started but ive found that theirs allways sumet u want wen u look through a mag/ catalouge. I've come to realise i will never have a full modelling tool set thiers allways sumet i won't have and now i have realised this i only buy tools that i really need not just for the sake of addin it to my collection. I've got tools that have never bin opend.

F15 a/c eagle Now i've got that off my chest im doing a f15c eagle by italleri in 48 scale, . The fusalarge comes in two halfs horrizontly, and thiers a door on the spine of the top fusalarge section directly behind the canopy with some sort of hidrolic post that opens it up. and it opens from the end furtest awy from the canopy by liftig vertically from the fusalarge spine. once lifted the compartment has like a squaresh hole with no real detail and i was wanting to add some to make it more bussyier can anyone tell me what it is please sorry for spelling.

Edited by kia
It's the airbrake, which is seldom open on the ground. There should be photos of it and the well in various books and websites.

Jake

thanks ive seen alot of f15 s modelled grounded and most of them seem to have the air brakes open, but thank for the advice i'll keep mine shut and can i just say that the air intakes have a real fit problem to on the italleri f15 and i'm not quite sure but arn't the intakes meant to curve round a little at the end coz on the modell they are perfectly sreight. could i amend them with heat or would i ruin in. like i said ive only bin doing it 6 month so if i'm taking u back to basics i'm sorry.

How far behind the cockpit is this panel? As the way you describe it as lifting up by the edge furthest from the cockpit would suggest this is not the airbrake. There is an avionics bay directly behind the cockpit(bay5).

Photo of the airbrake deployed on landing

http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/types/usa/boei.../f-15_eagle.jpg

Photo of the Avionics bay 5

http://www.craigcentral.com/models/f-15c/images/f1508.jpg

I have seen the airbrake deployed loads of times when the a/c are sitting on the ground

No offence meant, but could you please run a spell check before posting.

Edited by scotthldr

....off topic here but the gontlet was thrown. How does one run a spell check here in the forums? I would love to know. Oh and for the airbrake thing, leave it down unless you are going to be doing maintenance etc. I leave mine down with all the hydralics depresurized. I like the look of it.

Curt

I use the spell checker on my Google tool bar which comes with manual and automatic checks. I'm not the best speller in the world either but I take a couple of minutes to check and rectify my mistakes so other don't have too.

Hi there I thinkTHIS is what u need! Good shots by Dave Aungst!

Rgds

Pierre

Hi thanks to everybody who has replied to me, and thanks for the pic of air brakes pierre it was really helpfull, but i have seen them open when grounded, when looking at built models. like i said i've only being modelling 6 month and a few people have commented on my spelling, but to me my passion for the hobby is what counts am i right but i will try harder, but i did apologise up frount for it. and i'd just like to point out i'm no computer wizz either it's the first ever forum i've ever used and have to do this at the lib.

again thank you.