been pretty busy with the dissertation, and progress has been slow, but steady. I really want this one to be one of my best. I really love the fightertown decals and I want to do them justice. I am a little nervous about some of the weathering on the bottom of the jet. I have been looking at the Osprey OEF F-14 book all the time, and I like the effect I got, but after a dull coat i am not sure if it is holding up.

Any way here are some updated pics.

Going to China this weekend so I may or may not post another update before then.

DSC01306.jpg

DSC01307.jpg

DSC01308.jpg

Okay I lied! One more update. I have been working on the fod covers. Love the idea of the covers, but I have a hell of a time applying them. I always screw it up! I spray painted the checkerboard on them, and I was not too concerned about the accuracy because they will wave a little and you can't tell that it is not perfect, but I stopped one row short on one of them and did not realize it until I had applied them! Aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! So I will attempt to mask and spray with them already on the jet. Wish me luck.

DSC01309.jpg

DSC01310.jpg

DSC01311.jpg

• 1 month later...

Okay, so I think she is done. And it looks like just in time too.

I would like to thanks the Fightertown Guys for making such kick @$$ decals. I will be doing the OIF/OEF bird some day too

DSC01451.jpg

DSC01442.jpg

DSC01443.jpg

DSC01441.jpg

DSC01448.jpg

Nice work there twhite. I have a Has F14 to that I intend to do sooner rather than later with Fightertown VF-84 'Jolly Roger' decals. Seeing yours makes me want to pull it out of the stash sooner than soon, so to speak. Glad, I bought some A/M seats for it too with P/E.

Regards

Andrew

Nice work there twhite. I have a Has F14 to that I intend to do sooner rather than later with Fightertown VF-84 'Jolly Roger' decals. Seeing yours makes me want to pull it out of the stash sooner than soon, so to speak. Glad, I bought some A/M seats for it too with P/E.

Regards

Andrew

I know what you mean. I need to do other kits, but all I want to do is more tomcats! They are really addictive and I think that my next jet will be an NSAWC F-14A (Iranian Camo) or a VF-2 F-14D. Where am I going to put all of these?