What do you plan on building?

I will most likely do a 737-300.. I think a KLM o/c with 'The World is Just a Click Away' banners on them, with an in-flight swan: photo.

But it can also become a Brussels Airlines (with winglets!) or a KLM cityhopper Fokker 70. But I have to finish some current projects first.. :rolleyes:

greets,

Jelle

Hey Andy

NICE!!! Elegant, clean and lovely. You going on the Revell Kit??

Take Care

Mario,

I limit my airliners to 1/200 because I like the quality of Hasegawa's kits. I don't know why I'm so attracted to the Star Alliance livery... just something about it.

Add me ANOTHER entry :) Aeromexico 757-200 1/144 in Chromed Livery :D

Take Care

Mario, I want to take you out of your comfort zone, and as I have said before. Expect you to do atleast do "one" Australian airline build.

Don't care what it is, but I put the challenge up! :P

Greetings all.

Please count me in with 1/144 Zvezda IL-86

This is my first airliner build, so its going to be straight OOB

zvezdail86.jpg

Welcome, and we look forward to seeing your build. I have been growing fond of doing a new livery Aeroflot IL-86 myself.

Just need to keep the wife busy at the mall, while I find a way to sneak the kit into the car!

Hello, Gents!

After my failure in "Wings of Red Star" GB I decided to not to participate in any GB anymore, but this one is sooooo tempting.... ;)

So, let me in with fresh repack of Revell's venerable DC-7C in 1:122 scale (box scale).

100_6941.jpg

Molding is very old - it got "Revell Inc 1957" engraved on stabilizer. Yes, it's 52 years old this year!!!!

I started it several weeks ago and got fuselage and wings glued together.

So, I hope, this model is allowed to participate?

Wish me luck please!

Edited by Atlant

Atlant welcome. What part of Atlanta are you in, I used to live in Vinings..

Anyway, I wanted to say that when the group build was being talked about, we were going to have build of the usual 747, 737, A340's ect ect, in the mainly popular more recognizable schemes.

But it has amazed me the creativity and scope of interest each of our group members have.. And they havn't restricted themselves to the latest aircraft, and the latest schemes.

So I say, great work fella's! It really has made me appreciate all kinds of aircraft and schemes, that I normally wouldn't look twice at..

But it has amazed me the creativity and scope of interest each of our group members have.. And they havn't restricted themselves to the latest aircraft, and the latest schemes.

Lol Except for mario doing only Mexican Builds :D :) hahaha JK

Thanks Chris, same to you, specially with that 707 from Qantas!!! ;)

Take Care

Morning gents, :yahoo:

Finally getting my other obligations to the point where I can start participating in the great Airliner GB!!! :)

I would like to enter a 1/144 Revell B-744 that will be kitbashed into a B-744SP because the box (contents) was inadvertantly damaged. Was going to religate it to the spares box, but thought it would be a good donor to practice on, even if it will be slightly "what-if". With the Moderators consent of course.

I would also like to enter a 1/144 Revell A-321 in US Airways old colors, which will be built after N169UW. I'll be replacing the kit IAE engines with CFM's, courtesy of Felix! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Regards,

Frank :)

Atlant welcome. What part of Atlanta are you in, I used to live in Vinings..

Chris, Actually I am comsidering myself as a "jet guy", but after building few "interesting types" (like Guppy and ATL-98 Carvair) I got a kick of propliners. They got thier own charm and actually differ from each other! :thumbsup:

And besides - I got this kit for $3.50 because of torn box and I would like to see what could be done for price of a ... What could you buy today for a $3.50? Probably not a lot....

I am in Alpharetta, so if you are planing to visit Hotlanta, drop me a line - let's meet.

Leo.

Might be a while before I get back to Hotlanta, but will take you up on that offer, if and when I do turn up.. You just never know, I say!

As for my build list, it is getting quite large, but I would rather add to the list in the hope of finishing, or not at all..

My latest entry will be an Australian Virgin Blue 737-800.

Edited by Samurai_Chris
  • 3 weeks later...

^^^

Tim. You do know that not entering a build here is very serious "smacky fingers" stuff!..

You have been warned.

Pull another stunt like that mister, and it will be 3 sets of very nasty "fairy taps" for you my friend.

Very nasty indeed sir! :coolio:

Edited by Samurai_Chris

We are done with the sign in stuff, unless you want to show everyone how proud you are to enter :P. (You should be proud :D)

It was more for before the GB to get an idea of interest.

I think we have had 3 "What do you plan on building".

It is cool to see what people have ideas of building before they decide, I dont know how many times I changed my mind over what to build!

As for me, I'm still planning on the Northwest/Mesaba DHC-8-100. I'm hoping to do a Royal Jordanian A340-200, but it depends on if I can get decals. I might finally do a Northwest A330, which is the kit I have been hoping to do.