MH-53J pave low 1/48

Good start brother! It's a fun project and very gratifying when complete. Just to let you know right now there are no decals for this aircraft so start planning a dig through the spare decals. Are you going to paint it grey or cammo? Watching with interest!

Curt

The project i'm working on for the moment.

Im converting the ch-53 from revell in to the pave low with the conversion sets from cobra company.

I started with the cargobay.

DSC_0317.JPG

Mark

Hi, I just ordered the same set from Cobra Company. Do you know of any decal for the 1/48 Pave Low? Your advice/recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Helonewb

Hi, I just ordered the same set from Cobra Company. Do you know of any decal for the 1/48 Pave Low? Your advice/recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Helonewb

Unfortunately at present there are no decal sets for MH-53J/Ms. I hope it'll change in the future.

Unfortunately at present there are no decal sets for MH-53J/Ms. I hope it'll change in the future.

What he said.

But you can scrounge what you need up out of the spares bin. That's what I did.

Intake warnings from an F-18. Armament placard from an F-15, rescue warning from an f-16, Grounding point from an OV-10.

P3290048.jpg

Tail numbers on nose and tail from the starship Enterprise!

P3290037.jpg

P3290038.jpg

Aircraft ID stencle from an F-106! No one has noticed yet! It's kind of an inside joke for to me from me.

P3290060.jpg

Curt

Edited by C-130CrewChief

i can feel my face twitching and i have this funny feeling i've seen this before!!! oh wait, i have seen this before, when i did my 53D marine minesweeper!!!! the nightmare of the interior stringers and framework is what set me off. nice job so far..how are you tackling the lack of interior upper bulkhead? i'd be interested to see what you did. as my solution was just a series of headaches and cursing. i'll follow this closely as someday soon i plan a similar build.

semper fi

Dan

I may have spent 100 hours on it. I'm not sure because it was fun. The major stumbling block for me was the main rotor, it is for an A model and doesn't fit the part at all. My scratch building skills stop at building a complete 6 bladed rotor system! I ended up getting over it and pressing on as is. It didn't take as long as foil plating a 48 scale B-17 and P-51! That's another story! I also added all the wiring for the cargo box and behind the dash to be crushed by the fact dust got on the inside of the transparancies and most of the interrior detail is not visable! One point of detail to look out for is the upper part of the aft door is removed. Bla Bla Bla

Keep up the good work!

Curt

• 10 months later...

Hey,

Good to see the Pave Low back on the bench.

I've got the same model on my bench and I am also heading to turn mine into a Pave Low. Real laborious work, the interior, isn't it? On my one, I haven't the weapons set for the Pave Low (nor the Avionics shelf) so I've been busy scratchbuilding the turret mount for the tail gunner. Can you post pics of the tail gunner's mount when you've gone around to finishing it? I will need it as a reference to my one.

Following with keen interest,

Dom (17 and lovin' it)