Fujimi 1/48 AH1S Cobra JGSDF SP02

Hi all,

Anyone on here built or have info on the above kit ie, recessed panel lines, fitment of parts, level of detail, quality of decals etc etc....

Also what aftermarket mods are available namely cockpit, decals.

I have never built a helicopter before so not sure whats out there, any help much appreciated.

Happy New Year to all and Best Wishes for 2009

Scott

Hi all,

Anyone on here built or have info on the above kit ie, recessed panel lines, fitment of parts, level of detail, quality of decals etc etc....

Also what aftermarket mods are available namely cockpit, decals.

I have never built a helicopter before so not sure whats out there, any help much appreciated.

Happy New Year to all and Best Wishes for 2009

Scott

Scott,

I will have to look at the model when I get home but I think it is too small. I could be wrong. I base everything off the Monogram kit which I feel is an awesome kit. The rotor blades are too narrow.

There is no aftermarket for it other than the stuff I made up for the Monogram kit which should be able to work. The Fujimi and the Testors kit are one in the same. I will have some new TOW racks for it as well as seven shot pods shortly after the new year.

I built this kit a long time ago before I really knew how to build models but I seem to remember it fitting pretty well.

Floyd

Thanks Floyd,

It was the decal options that made me want this kit, but have now found that Two Bobs do a set of decals to inculde the JGSDF. The Mongram kit certainly looks the biz and will go down that route.

What aftermarket bits have you got for it.

Scott

Scott, I just used the TwoBobs sheet for the Jordanian AH-1S and won't be using the JGSDF markings. If you would like to have the rest of the sheet (and they come with three full sets of stencils so you'll be set there too) just let me know.

I posted my AH-1S in the Helicopter Group Build and used some of Floyd's resin parts on it. (IPS, TOW rack, AN/ALQ-144 cover) They are exceptional.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=173639

Edited by David Walker
What aftermarket bits have you got for it.

Currently I have an IPS and Debris Deflectors, both of which are on the JSDF Cobras. This currently costs $10 plus shipping.

I will be releasing new TOW racks, seven shot rocket pods and a small update set for the Monogram set that will include a new more detailed and already filled exhaust, ALQ-144 cover, various antennas including APR-136, also a skid IR Light. I don't have a price for these sets yet. Once I have them in hand and get the packaging down I will announce their availability and the cost. I think the TOW racks will be $12 each which will include two separate racks. Then the upgrade set will be around $10. The seven shot pods will probably be in the $10 area too.

Floyd

Floyd, as I am no expert on this subject, will your 1/48 TOW racks be applicable for the Italeri AH-1W as well?

I'm not Floyd but I'm pretty familiar with his 1/48 TOW racks. You can use them on ANY TOW-carrying Cobra (and a 1/48 Royal Army or Marines Lynx, too, if we ever see one).