The Spitfire Group Build

I'm planning to pop in the "Battle Of Britain" this evening and get myself ready to build some Spitfires... "Spring Chicken to Shieght Hawk in one easy lesson......... taka, taka, taka, taka, taka"

The plan so far is to build a Spitfire IIA P7308 of No.71 Sqn, North Weald, August 1941. On 27 August Plt Off Bill Dunn shot down two Bf109's to become 71 Sqn's first ace in this plane.

I'm looking forward to this GB.

Happy New Year!

Mark

You're not the only one

I'll be doing the Academy XIVe in SEAC camo. Although I can't figure out if it should be ocean gray/green up top or brown/green up top?

Nice! I'm adding my Academy MK.XIVe too, with Eduard cockpit and landing flaps. Still waiting for the brass yet, but I've downloaded the instructions and I'll start the preliminary grinding and drilling tomorrow.

Don't know what scheme yet, but don't think it will be a kit decal one.

Jim

Gents:

So many to choose from....................... I've got Vb's ,Vc,IXe,XI,XIV,XIX, Seafire I or Seafire II options, Seafire XV, SeafireXVII. I'm in with uh...............at least one. I just have to decide. I just have to decide.

Alvin5182

Edited by alvin5182
There is Merlin Spitfire Group Build on Polish Modelling Forum. I'm in with Tamiya 1/72 Spitfire Vb of 303 Sqn (RF-D). My model is looking like this:

IMG_9239.jpg

I used to frequent PWM, but some of those guys there will crucify you if you get the slightest detail wrong. Not the best environment for somebody who builds for fun.

With that said; Zumbach's Spit is always a crowd pleaser, and it looks as if yours is turning out very nicely

I used to frequent PWM, but some of those guys there will crucify you if you get the slightest detail wrong.

Don't take it personally. :crying2: Those guys simply try to prevent others from making mistakes and sometimes it ends with... hmmm... a kind of serious discuccion. Poles like to fight. :banana: Anyway - imagine how the World would look like if nobody was ever crucified...

Not the best environment for somebody who builds for fun.

I build for fun. I think making mistakes is not funny. Therefore I like it when someone corrects me.

With that said; Zumbach's Spit is always a crowd pleaser, and it looks as if yours is turning out very nicely

Thanks! Now I'm facing the most difficult part - fading the camouflage.

Edited by rav_pl

Certainly excited here! Similar to Matt I haven't built in going on two years, but this has got me motivated!

Especially as it turns out I have a fair number of these in the stash- I'm thinking about doing a slightly upgraded HC Seafire XV in RCN markings. If I have time I might go crazy and tackle my Airfix Seafire 46/47 - anyone else going to do one of those for the GB?

Looking forward to it, should be a good turnout. :thumbsup::cheers:

A

I've got a couple Avro Arrows to do first ... then ... Spitfires.

They'll be my uncle's aircraft, ( F/O Bill Marshall, 421 Squadron flying a Mk 16) and I've got a Tamiya, Hasegawa and Hobbycraft in 1/48 and an o-o-old Airfix 1/24 and a newer Trumpeter 1/24.

We'll see how many I can get done.

And yup, I'm looking forward to this and thanx for the Group build!

Pete

(near Niagara Falls)

Hi Tom,

I am one of the mod's! Please PM me.

Someone will be down shortly to sort everything out! I am currenty using a internet cafe as Im away on holiday, But I will setup a entries post to get things kicked off!

Edited by moeggo

Thanks to Dave for getting things started. The forum is up and running and there will be a thread to post raffle prize donations as well as an inspiration gallery, proposed builds, and finished builds. Come on down and build a Spit!