• 2 weeks later...

Sichuan Airlines TU-154M

Zvezda 1/144 + Two Six Decals

Fits in with the "gone but not forgotten" theme of this GB... this one is certainly not forgotten by aviation enthusiasts but most passengers would rather forget these Russian aircraft which operated in China... compared to modern Boeings and Airbuses!

Kit and decals were very nice to work with. Overall a problem free build - apart from me breaking the nose landing gear and then rebuilding it!

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

Dennis

Edited by LHRHKG
Sichuan Airlines TU-154M

Zvezda 1/144 + Two Six Decals

Kit and decals were very nice to work with. Overall a problem free build - apart from me breaking the nose landing gear and then rebuilding it!

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

Dennis

Well done Dennis.

I am still trying to finish one. And you have done two great builds!

Chris

That is one BEAUTIFUL Connie, Phil!

What a great addition to your collection!

Leo, you certainly gave that old DC-7 a pretty new cloak to wear; that scheme is really eye catching, great work! Thanks! :)

Wow, the TU-154 really came out NICE, Dennis! :rofl:

Thanks for showing the build, looks like a super kit! :worship:

Take care,

Frank

Edited by oldHooker

Hello Tigermeet!

Very nice Qantas jets.

Unfortunately, as it was not entered in the build before you posted, and further than allowed, it cannot be accepted.

Sorry about that, hope that you still join us.

Hello Tigermeet!

Very nice Qantas jets.

Unfortunately, as it was not entered in the build before you posted, and further than allowed, it cannot be accepted.

Sorry about that, hope that you still join us.

I read the rules, which state "Just thought I would put out the Airliner rules, for those of you who do not know them.

Civilian and Military airliners are allowed. It was decided that if it carries passengers as its primary purpose, then its an airliner.

Aircraft such as C-9's and C-32's are allowed, as they carry passengers. All civ airliners are acceptable. "

Didn't know that I had to "enter" it in the build. How does one enter it in the build? And I started building the Nalanji Dreaming after the group build started, I only took a pic of it with the other Qantas jet which I stated was built several years ago. Also I am currently working on several other airliners which was or the group build,but since I didn't enter them I guess I shoud not bother posting them when completed?

You would need to create a thread of the build, before it passes the completion limit (fuselage assembled but not painted, smaller details such as gear can be painted).

Didn't see that posted in the "rules" but point taken

I can't see why Tigermeet's build can't be included, it was started after the GB started. Some people don't have the time or equipment to take pictures of progress or create threads.

I thought the idea of this GB was to get some airliners built or finished. Seems to me to be defeating the purpose of excluding Tigermeet's build.

Oh and nowhere in the 'Rules' thread does it mention that a build thread has to be started.

My 2c worth....

Edited by Trojan Thunder

Alright then, it can stay.

It is my fault for not having it in the rules, so carry on there!

You can put it back if you want, they are both very nice kits.

Did you use the Revell 744 to do the 743? What did you do for modifications?