Great builds everyone! I'm glad to see such a great turnout for this GB.

I wish I could've finished my Ju-86, but that went to h*** in a hand basket. Well, I'll save that for the next Airliner GB! :salute:

Edited by indydog

Here is my final model for this group build

1/144 Hasegawa YS-11 in Farewell YS-11 livery, built as aircraft #JA8766 which flew the last ever passenger YS-11 service in Japan on 30/9/06

Very straightforward build with no problems at all

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

Have enjoyed the six months of this airliner GB and hope my five builds have added something different to the GB... and very impressed by the other models which were entered... lots of different airlines and aircraft types...

Looking forward to the next airliner GB... but in the meantime I have another 3 builds in progress... will be posting those in the airliners section

Here is a group photo of my five builds for this GB

IMG_0527.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Dennis

Well done Swallows! Very nice MD-80 and nice colourscheme. And finished just in time!

Maybe you can try some very subtile weathering next time, it makes the model come alive.

Hi TheFlyingDutchman,

thank you for your appreciation. Regarding the weathering you are right, though you should take into account that on the Minicraft MD80 the surface detail is nearly non-existent so you can't easily apply a wash like on recent Revell kits. Anyway I wanted to depict I-DACN juts after the repaint in October 2006 so there would have been very little dirt around.

Bye

Fabio