Steve McQueen's car in Bullit..which one??

01-01 2009

Can anyone advise what make of car Steve McQueen drove in Bullit and also which type of car Robert Ulrich drove in the tv show Spencer: For Hire? I am thinking Mustang, but what year and are there kits available?

Thanks in advance

Liam

Revell does have some kits of classic Mustang....although I'm not sure if any are suitable.

Revell also makes a 2008 Bullit Mustang kit as well for the new Mustang based on the original Bullit Mustang.

Revell does have some kits of classic Mustang....although I'm not sure if any are suitable.

Revell also makes a 2008 Bullit Mustang kit as well for the new Mustang based on the original Bullit Mustang.

Thanks guys, I found this on the US Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...sid=p2759.l1259

Think I am sorted. Any recomendations on wyas to improve the kit or is it good out-of-the-box. Never built a car kit before and wanna do this for my brother.

Any ideas on the Robert Ulrich car?

Liam

01-01-2006

Dumb question, but was the 1966 Ford Mustang only a hard top or was it also a fastback? I know, shows my ignorance. I found , as mentioned above, reference to the fact that Spencer, in season 1 at least, drove a 1966 Ivy Green Mustang. I don't really know the history of cars chapter and verse and hope someone here can guide me right, but was the mustang then in 1966 only a hard top?

I need pics of the car fro mthe show.

Liam

• 2 years later...

Steve McQueen drove a 68 Mustang GT fastback with all the chrome and emblems removed.

Robert Urich drove a 65 Mustang 2+2 in season 1, an 87 Mustang GT (first year of the new Fox body style) in season 2 and a 66 Mustang 2+2 in season 3.

Yeah, I love Mustangs...

The Mustang in the Movie was a Highland Green 1968 Mustang Fastback with a 390 engine and a 4speed manual trans. It was not a GT because they wanted it to be a lower budget car that a cop could afford at the time. They even went as far as putting a dent in it to show that he couldn't afford to get it fixed.

http://www.ponysite.de/bullitt.htm

Get the Revell GT kit with the 428 could you could build it as a 390 engine.

Edited by Spectre711
  • 1 month later...