My wife says I reek also........but it ain't of awesomeness. :lol:

:doh:

Here's some more pics, with the wing-sweep bags dry-fit and the wings temporarily installed, just to make it look more like a Tomcat :D:

Tomcat101.jpg

Tomcat96.jpg

tomcat97.jpg

And just an overview shot:

tomcat100.jpg

Thanks for looking :)...

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

Wow...it's been a while, huh? First opportunity I've had to work on this thing in about a week...been a busy schedule for me lately. Got the exhaust nozzles attached (a bit harder than it looks :cheers:), and the fairings. Just finished filling on the fairings and decided to snap some pics while the putty was drying.

Tomcat104.jpg

Tomcat107.jpg

Tomcat106.jpg

Tomcat108.jpg

Tomcat110.jpg

Some touch-up to be done with the exhausts and still have to put the decals on them as well.

As always...thanks for looking :) :cheers:

The seats are now about 90% done. Still have to fine-tune the black bands on the yellow handles, weather the seats, and put the placards on. I tried something a little different this time, and I won't be doing it this way again. Here's a step by step of what I did:

Shot a base coat of flat dark green on them. That's where I made a mistake, base coat was just too dark:

tomcat111.jpg

Then took some Tamiya Khaki (whatever XF-number that is) and brushed it on:

tomcat112.jpg

Then painted the handles with Tamiya yellow:

tomcat113.jpg

Then took some Tamiya Buff (again, whatever XF-number that is) and drybrushed it heavily:

tomcat114.jpg

Then took some MM Field Green to it:

tomcat115.jpg

Then painted the belts and the top of the cushion MM Light Gray (I think it was):

tomcat116.jpg

Then painted the sides black and tried to make the handles look halfway decent (which I failed at, but I will re-do the handles):

tomcat117.jpg

So...all in all, they turned out just "OK"...nothing thrilling.

Thanks for looking :monkeydance:!

Well, this beast is now ready for the paint barn (as soon as I take care of the putty I forgot to sand before I took these pics...you can see it, 3rd pic down :rolleyes:). I've noticed something about this kit: you are constantly noticing things. I know I'm going to have to give it another "once-over" before I shoot primer to look for a spot I forgot to hit with filler, just little things like that.

Anyway, here's the pics of her all masked up and (almost) ready for primer:

tomcat119.jpg

tomcat120.jpg

tomcat121.jpg

tomcat122.jpg

tomcat123.jpg

As always, thanks for looking :cheers:!

If you haven't done them yet, when you re-do the seat handles you should use a fine tip sharpie to put the black stripes on. much easier than trying to paint it.

Yeah, I'll be re-painting those damn things once again. I just CANNOT seem to get them right :whistle:.

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I'd give y'all a quick status update, no pics...yet.

I'm finally finished filling, sanding and priming. I'm now in the pre-shading process, which was interrupted when I discovered a crack where the rear fuselage halves join together back by the engine fairing, so I took some CA glue to that and solved that problem. I'm hoping to get the first coat of paint on the fuselage soon.

Just wanted to let everybody know, that despite my computer programming class taking up a WHOLE bunch of time, I'm still working here :rolleyes:!

Edited by TomcatFanatic123
  • 3 months later...