Gents,

The new Belgian display scheme which was only revealed a few days landing at RAF Mildenhall this afternoon after a practise display over Duxford, where it will be on the line up for the show on sunday (assuming it doesn't break and they use the standard marked spare!).

7268334980_cc4a908257_o.jpg

7268335370_221b57e157_o.jpg

Also last week ten Polish Vipers went through Mildenhall inbound Red Flag Alaska. All were fitted with CFTs but the weather would not play ball, and only caught one in 'some' light.

7211382616_4bd4922142_o.jpg

Gary

REEEEEALLLLLY long shot request from all your F-16 gurus:

Annnnny chance anybody has photos of both sides of this dude clear enough to read the crew names painted under the canopy??

(insert picture of F-16C 86-0371 in red/white from the AFFTC at Edwards here)

Tks..

Edited by Jennings
  • 2 months later...

Vipers are not my thing but I haven't seen such camo applied to USAF Viper before. Anyone has any more info?

the newest Have Glass paint job I think it's 5th generation and I thing you'll see more, See what flies out of the Hill depot!!

I know there was a Viper testing F-35 paint; could it have been sent to the MN ANG? Let's hope this isn't the wave of the future for the F-16.

It's a different airframe, there are at least three in this scheme. This is the first operational one, now in Afghanistan. It will be interesting to see if this is just a test platform or if it will go fleet wide as I've heard. I think it looks good and its nice to see a change for the F-16 after 35 years.

Brian

Edited by Camus272
  • 3 weeks later...

F-16C pic request...anyone got an photos of the Indiana Air National Guard F-16 w/ D-Day strips. I'm thinking about building this jet. I got the decals from the hasegawa kit that will be used on tamiya kit. TIA.

Mike

MN ANG ~ 148th FW ~ F-16C

Duluth 2012 Air & Aviation Expo, Duluth, MN ~ September 22, 2012

Older Have Glass paintjob w/ closeup detail shots (Part One)

The rest of the squadron is deployed to Afghanistan, but this one was left behind at home. I'm thinking Hangar Queen?

What really stands out is how thick the paint is. It also doesn't weather very well, judging from all the peeled/worn off areas.

f16hg-01.jpg

f16hg-02.jpg

f16hg-03.jpg

f16hg-04.jpg

f16hg-05.jpg

f16hg-06.jpg

f16hg-07.jpg

f16hg-08.jpg

Btw, this show suffered from rain, wind & temps in the low 40's. However, a little sunshine did sneak in between rain showers. What made the day was rummaging through the local Commemorative Air Force's Lake Superior Squadron 101 giftshop sale and finding a mint 1/48 Academy F-22A Raptor, still in the original box with plastic wrapping unopened for only $15!

Edited by Midway Sailor

Well the peeling around the gun port I can understand. But the pylon? Hmm...Weird. But even so, it still looks a damn sight better than the initial applications on the Spang jets a couple years back. They looked positively filthy. It actually looks more like the original paint scheme now. But I still prefer the new darker colors that have been seen recently. B)

They even go so far as to coat the set screws for the static dissipators. Fascinating.

Edited by SimFixer

Well the peeling around the gun port I can understand. But the pylon? Hmm...Weird. But even so, it still looks a damn sight better than the initial applications on the Spang jets a couple years back. They looked positively filthy. It actually looks more like the original paint scheme now. But I still prefer the new darker colors that have been seen recently. B)

They even go so far as to coat the set screws for the static dissipators. Fascinating.

I believe this is one of the Spang birds which the MN ANG received recently.

• 3 months later...

An update to my September posts above showing F-16C Serial No. 90-0831 from the 179th FS of the Minnesota ANG (in other words, here are the rest of the photos):

mn0831-089a.jpg F-16C Serial No. 90-0831 from the 179th FS at the 2012 Duluth Air & Aviation Expo in Duluth, MN (194 photos)

Additional F-16 updates on my site are 486 walkaround & flight photos featuring aircraft from the 4th FS (Viper West), 176th FS, 179th FS & the 421st FS:

mn807-012a.jpg F-16A ADF Serial No. 81-807 from the 179th FS of the Minnesota ANG at the Minnesota ANG Museum in Minneapolis, MN (94 photos).

(The aircraft above is featured in Hasegawa's 1/72 F-16A ADF Fighting Falcon ANG Combo kit #01962 & is the aircraft shown on the boxtop.)

hl436-001a.jpg F-16C Serial No. 88-436 from the 4th FS at the Duluth 2012 Air & Aviation Expo in Duluth, MN (04 photos)

wi300-013a.jpg F-16C Serial No. 87-300 from the 176th FS at the 2009 Deke Slayton Airfest in La Crosse, WI (22 photos ~ at the bottom of the page)

hl166-014a.jpg F-16D Serial No. 88-166 from the 421st FS at the Duluth 2012 Air & Aviation Expo in Duluth, MN (64 photos)

hl0533-163a.jpg F-16C Serial No. 88-0521 & F-16C Serial No. 88-0533 of the 2009 Viper West demo team from the 4th FS at the the 2009 Deke Slayton Airfest in La Crosse, WI (243 photos)

hl2083-006a.jpg F-16C Serial No. 88-0521 & F-16C Serial No. 89-2083 of the 2010 Viper West demo team from the 4th FS at the the 2010 Chippewa Valley Air Show in Eau Claire, WI (59 photos).

My apologies for the quality of the photos in the last gallery. It rained the entire day & was one of the most miserable air shows I've ever been to.

Links to all 12 of my F-16 galleries are here: F-16 Fighting Falcon on MidwaySailor.com

Edited by Midway Sailor
  • 1 month later...